• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

The ticket office is already barely open, which is a pisstake in itself.

I keep saying it, they've got a rude awakening coming. Either they're as stupid as Spiers in thinking "we have 11,000 people just waiting to buy a season ticket" when we blatantly don't, or they're entirely relaxed about pricing out their most loyal and valuable customers, which isn't brilliant business sense in any sector.

Never mind, I'm sure Lars from Aarhus will make up for it when he comes for his one game a season. Except Lars doesn't exist.
I dropped from around 8000 in the ST waiting list to 4000, which says a lot i think.

I just hope that we don't fall into the Champ over the next 2 or 3 years else our crowds there will be around 15-20k i'm sure.

Do you think that they are holding off announcing the season ticket renewal prices until after the season so that they don't get any stick at the final home fixtures?
Maybe waiting to see what “our equivalents" are charging?

Last edited:
I dropped from around 8000 in the ST waiting list to 4000, which says a lot i think.
Oh and as it stands i wouldn't get one either.

For a number of varying reasons:

Cost, the way they change the fixtures around, how easy it is to see every game on TV now, the time it takes (for a 3pm game, i leave Worcester at 11.30, and i'm home 6.30-7), it's just not as attractive as it used to be. Despite us being as good as we've ever been.

Just thinking about the membership costs:

It was £25 two years ago i think? £35 quid last season and now £41 this season!?

That's a 60% price rise!

And you don't actually get any tickets for that, it just gives you the ability to buy tickets, if you manage to go to say 5-10 games over a season, that's either a £4 or £2 cost you can effectively add to each game you go to!

Just thinking about the membership costs:

It was £25 two years ago i think? £35 quid last season and now £41 this season!?

That's a 60% price rise!

And you don't actually get any tickets for that, it just gives you the ability to buy tickets, if you manage to go to say 5-10 games over a season, that's either a £4 or £2 cost you can effectively add to each game you go to!
You get some socks though and those who got the little wallet for their card deserve this year on year rise...

You get some socks though and those who got the little wallet for their card deserve this year on year rise...
Oh yes that's right, and those tiny "gifts" wind a few people up, so it's definitely worth it.....

Oh yes that's right, and those tiny "gifts" wind a few people up, so it's definitely worth it.....
100%, a bitter tax if you will

I'm with TT, paying a fee to potentially be able to get something is bollocks. Chuck in a League Cup game or something.

Do you get anything like free entry to U23 games with a Membership or is that just STH?

You get the ticket cash which reduces the price on other purchases.

Hmm, £75 + postage, I will have been to 4 matches this season. Hardly worth it.

Rather ominously the U11s is the same price as the over 12s. My eldest is already going to cost me more, I hadn't banked on my youngest also costing more. Really hope they don't do that.

Are the ticket office staff still working from home?

Just to add, club won't make money on the postage. Probably should incorporate it into the price but that's another matter.

If they effectively turned it into an U21 and Wolves Women ST for a similar price (along with the priority ticketing), which would cost the club basically nothing to do; then at least folk would feel like they actually got something for their money, and a few more people might sign up.

Just to add, club won't make money on the postage. Probably should incorporate it into the price but that's another matter.
I always received my membership stuff via the post in the past anyway, and there wasn't a fee for that. So this yeah to add that, and say it's because of Covid is just bollocks. It was 35 quid inclusive of P&P, now it's £41 inclusive of it.

Back