• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

As others have said being the 10th highest in the PL for a side which has finished in the Top 10 3 of for the last 4 years seems about par

Last edited:
Unless it also follows that we're going to get similar growth in commercial revenue then its all pretty fucking pointless. Ra ra grump grump.

Unless it also follows that we're going to get similar growth in commercial revenue then its all pretty fucking pointless. Ra ra grump grump.
Yep, all absolute bollocks.

Absolutely no way of actually measuring how brand growth correlates with revenue.

I'm guessing Liverpool's growth, whilst lower, is worth a lot more than ours in terms of actual revenue.

Russell Jones is a Wolves fan, not someone who became a ‘fan’ after getting a job at the club. He also always toes the Fosun corporate line though so the fact he’s publicly acknowledged the need for a lot of work on and off the pitch gives me hope that it is being recognised at the very top.

Whether we have the right people in place to make the right decisions is another matter.

I don't know, that feels at least positive. I am sure the owners understand the value of the brand is tied to the success and exposure of the Prem.

It at least gives me hope if we are struggling come January then we might buy all of Newcastles unwanted players who were good enough to save this this year.

I don't know, that feels at least positive. I am sure the owners understand the value of the brand is tied to the success and exposure of the Prem.

It at least gives me hope if we are struggling come January then we might buy all of Newcastles unwanted players who were good enough to save this this year.
I guess not...

Interesting article on the Beeb website about Charles Reep, a statistical analyst who ended up doing a lot of his best work with Cullis at Wolves.

Yeah and then he just advocated pumping into the box as a result of his findings. Charles hughes was a bit of a disciple of his wasn’t he?

Yeah and then he just advocated pumping into the box as a result of his findings. Charles hughes was a bit of a disciple of his wasn’t he?
And to think the FA held Hughes up as some sort of coaching God for years.

If you look at the scores from that era he was probably right. In 53/4 Wolves won the league scoring 96 and conceding 56 from a 42 game season. Albion in 2nd let in 63

Wolves have signed a deal with Fosun owned Ahava. No idea on their capabilities in midfield.

It's also on Fosun Sports website, but that's all in Chinese so I won't link it. Potentially a backdoor to inject some money in? Or is that wishful thinking?!

SmartSelect_20220602-172925_WhatsApp.jpg

I mean... sure, why not.

Can't imagine the general public will be thrilled with it, though.

Been posted on Twitter. Not sure if real.

Attachments

• 20220602_222311.jpg
    20220602_222311.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 20
Sponsors of Burnley, also preferred partners for Palace and Newcastle so clearly have some football interest, which makes it somewhat believable. Hate the black shoulder stripe. Rest of it is sort of meh.

Back