• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I mean, is this true?

We didn't move division at all between August 1989 and May 2003. Nor August 2004 and May 2009. 20 years there and we had two changes of division. We've been a Premier League club for five straight years.

We don't score many and are uninteresting to watch from a neutral point of view as our manager is rubbish.
It's a load of bollocks.

Albion, Norwich, Fulham definitely are.

And what is "fearless" about a zipper club exactly?

It's a terrible article.

Sa, Neves, Nunes and Neto (hasn't he heard that he's rubbish, ya nor) in the Portugal squad.

No Moutinho, Semedo or Guedes.

No Kilman for England.

Reactions: b3h
Loyalty is all very noble, but it is now to a fault where Maguire is concerned
Southgate says he picks on form but it only seems to apply when it suits. The "He's never let England down" argument falls down the same as "never change a winning team" if you're picking inferior players just because they've not yet made an inevitable mistake then its stupidity.

He's continued to select Pickford on the basis that his England form overrides where his club form has been at various points, which I think is admirable and fair. I don't see how you can do that when the club form translates to being dropped for an elongated period. It compromises the integrity

Southgate says he picks on form but it only seems to apply when it suits. The "He's never let England down" argument falls down the same as "never change a winning team" if you're picking inferior players just because they've not yet made an inevitable mistake then its stupidity.
But does he mean England form or club form? I guess either, as and when it suits.

He was never going to get in this one, particularly after the Liverpool game got cancelled. Not enough chat or exposure to really put himself out there. Bet half the fans of other clubs don’t really know much about him. Outside chance he gets in for the WC if we/he plays well over the next batch of games, particularly with it including West Ham and Chelsea. Will boost his rep and get more chat in the media which is realistically the only thing that will gets southgates attention.

Pickford has been excellent for Everton for ages.
Agreed, there were a couple of years where he wasn't though and Southgate continued to pick him. That's different to Maguire who can't get a league game for his club side.

Great shame not to be called up, but at least its possibly saving an injury risk to him from the club pov

He was never going to get in this one, particularly after the Liverpool game got cancelled. Not enough chat or exposure to really put himself out there. Bet half the fans of other clubs don’t really know much about him. Outside chance he gets in for the WC if we/he plays well over the next batch of games, particularly with it including West Ham and Chelsea. Will boost his rep and get more chat in the media which is realistically the only thing that will gets southgates attention.
Which is mental really, when your job is managing about 6-8 games a year you should be aware of all of your options but what you say is right, the only way you get noticed is if you get some media attention.

Marcus Edwards has been very good for Sporting so far this season. I doubt Southgate even knows he exists.

Marcus Edwards has been very good for Sporting so far this season. I doubt Southgate even knows he exists.
He definitely will do.

So close to a world cup I never expected Kilman to get the call up nor Maguire to be dropped.

Maguire, Shaw, Trent, Mount, Phillips and Grealish have no business being in there at the moment. All either injured, or in dreadul form.

You'd be surprised if there were any surprises beyond that 28 at this stage, barring the obvious ones of Pickford and Henderson. Henderson looks completely done, but I'd be shocked if he's left out.

I'd love to see Eze involved, but can't see how it is going to happen now. I'd have Harvey Elliott involved too, but again, it doesn't look feasible. Both just have the knack of keeping the ball and playing simple but progressive football. When will we ever bring JWP on? It isn't going to happen, he's nowhere near the level we need, apart from set pieces.

Back