• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Or Jordan Graham doesn't refuse to play at RWB.

Whilst we all rightly laud Nuno for Doc's improvement in that bespoke role, he was clearly third choice at best.
Possibly the worst decision made by a footballer in many a year by Graham there.

One name I considered but haven't seen mentioned for biggest disappointment is Matheus Cunha. He's clearly a good player and I'm excited to see how we build an attack around him but his start at Wolves has been a bit flat and I'm not sure how much of it has been because of the other issues in the squad or an underperformance by him.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but I expected him to be contributing a bit more and to have nailed down a starting place by now, even accounting for the way Julen likes to rotate his forward line.

One name I considered but haven't seen mentioned for biggest disappointment is Matheus Cunha. He's clearly a good player and I'm excited to see how we build an attack around him but his start at Wolves has been a bit flat and I'm not sure how much of it has been because of the other issues in the squad or an underperformance by him.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but I expected him to be contributing a bit more and to have nailed down a starting place by now, even accounting for the way Julen likes to rotate his forward line.
I hadn't seen much of him since he left Germany so I was unsure what to expect. I think he'll end up doing well for us, but we do need a proper striker ahead of him. Or even two, imagine that.

It was close with Nunes who has had some truly honking games, but I went with Collins. I wanted him a year before we signed him and thought £20m was a good price. And because defenders are less glamorous, that could be us at least 1 x CH sorted for years and years to come. Just stick him in the team every week, no need to even think about it.

He has been fucking shit since August (his first 3-4 games before City at home were ok) and I'd be tempted with getting 50% of our money back right now. Such a let down.

Re Cunha perception will be affected by the price and the overuse as a 9. I doubt he'll ever live up to the former and the latter needs to stop. As a 10 I think he's a good player and will benefit if a) he plays there permanently and b) we sign a proper 9 that's not 5 years past his best for him to play with.
Wolves record signings are broken regularly now, but when someone becomes it you still expect them to operate at a higher level than the rest of the team, we've done it twice in the last year and neither have done.

POTS: Lemina
Most improved: Toti
Biggest disappointment: Nunes
Best signing: Lemina
Worst signing: Guedes
Most underrated: Costa

Yeah yeah, some of this is my inherent contrarianism.

POTS: Neves
Most improved: Bueno
Most underrated: Cunha

POTS: Lemina
Most improved: Toti
Most underrated: Costa

Yeah yeah, some of this is my inherent contrarianism.
It would appear there’s a fine line between contrarianism and madness…

I can't get on board with the Collins disappointment as I had no idea who he was when he signed him, and then wasnt impressed by him early on when others were seemingly being impressed or given hope.

I know we have a few Football Manager types here, he feels to me like when you take a desperation job as not getting any offers, and you look at the previous transfers for the club and see they have paid 25million for a guy you haven't even been putting on the bench, and whose current value is about 2million.

How many random supporters tickets can they check at the box office before a game? Not many……
I’m presuming purchase history may have triggered the random check. Something like only buying tickets for Villa at home and having a B postcode? Or they’ve clocked you’re a Facebook seller.

I can't get on board with the Collins disappointment as I had no idea who he was when he signed him, and then wasnt impressed by him early on when others were seemingly being impressed or given hope.

I know we have a few Football Manager types here, he feels to me like when you take a desperation job as not getting any offers, and you look at the previous transfers for the club and see they have paid 25million for a guy you haven't even been putting on the bench, and whose current value is about 2million.
That's actually rubbish, the way he'd played for both Burnley and Ireland made it a very sensible and encouraging signing. No doubting the end result has been very disappointing, but the process was good. I'm not writing him off yet, chucking him alongside Kilman, playing for an idiot destroyed both of them. A year away is probably needed to salvage something though

Last edited:
Collins looked no worse than Kilman when they played together. In fact he often looked the better of the two. When Dawson signed everyone predicted it would be Collins who partnered him. Kilman has only looked fine again alongside Dawson. My guess is if Collins had been chosen I think everyone would be saying how Kilman is terrible and Collins is fine.

Collins has come on in a back three whenever he's subbed on so I'm not going to judge him any harsher on a tiny sample of short cameo appearances.

Initially Collins and Kilman didn't look terrible I thought, both had the occasional rick in them, but then they went through a collective rough patch, enter Dawson.
I wonder if JL thinks he can get more out of Collins with coaching ? he's still very young.

POTS: Neves
Most improved: Bueno
Best signing: Lemina (Dawson close)
Worst signing: Guedes the useless cunt
Most underrated: Toti

POTS Neves
Most improved Bueno
Biggest disappointment being involved in a relegation battle through unnecessarily sticking with a useless cunt at the start of the show
Best Signing Dawson
Worst signing Guedes
Most underrated Lemina. We were told to expect very inconsistent levels from him but I can only remember maybe two bad games.

That's actually rubbish, the way he'd played for both Burnley and Ireland made it a very sensible and encouraging signing. No doubting the end result has been very disappointing, but the process was good. I'm not writing him off yet, chucking him alongside Kilman, playing for an idiot destroyed both of them. A year away is probably needed to salvage something though

Maybe you think my FM story is rubbish but he played less than 20 games for relegated Burnley who predominantly played in a regressive way and about similar for Ireland, where was the sensible or encouraging parts to that move for you Tony?

Back