• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It does make you wonder if these people ever saw the years of Doherty in a flat back four.

I'd have Denis Irwin back first. Hell, I'd seriously consider Zico Palmer as an alternative, and he's got to be in his 70s by now.

I just don't understand how anyone can have forgotten Kazenga LuaLua tearing Doc apart time after time after time, all to the soundtrack of Brighton fans (rightfully) chanting "you let your fans down, you stupid bastards, you let your fans down".

That shit is seared into my brain.

I just don't understand how anyone can have forgotten Kazenga LuaLua tearing Doc apart time after time after time, all to the soundtrack of Brighton fans (rightfully) chanting "you let your fans down, you stupid bastards, you let your fans down".

That shit is seared into my brain.
I prefer to remember his goal and assist in the FA Cup semi final, or his winner against City in the 3-2. Or his last minute winner at Newcastle.

They're somewhat more notable.

Happy for you, but if he couldn't defend a 30+ year old LuaLua in a back four, he ain't defending Mo Salah in a back four.

I prefer to remember his goal and assist in the FA Cup semi final, or his winner against City in the 3-2. Or his last minute winner at Newcastle.

They're somewhat more notable.
In a particular role that we absolutely won’t play again. Doherty is history. Fucking hell.

Not unreasonable for someone to prefer to remember the happy memories rather than the shit ones, no?
Not at all, but it’s definitely wishful thinking to extrapolate those into future success for him.

I wasn't.
That was the context of the conversation?

My point was Doc in a back four wasn’t good enough to defend an aging winger who wasn’t great even in his prime. Under Lop we generally play a back four. Ergo, the good memories of him are irrelevant when considering his return.

Back