• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We haven't been the 'old gold' since a spell of a few years during the 1950s.

Is it really that bad? Is it as bad as mocking the death of 97 scousers which happens often including at Molineux? Is it as bad as wishing fans burn to death?

Is it really that bad? Is it as bad as mocking the death of 97 scousers which happens often including at Molineux? Is it as bad as wishing fans burn to death?
In this case, comparison is the thief of justice.

None of the above should be happening and no one should be rationalizing any of it by saying "well, at least we didn't chant about Hillsborough".

It's a bit odd that we've been done for it though is it not?
It's obviously wrong that it happens, but it happens at lots of grounds, particularly at clubs that have actual beef with Chelsea, not just idiots singing the same song that everyone does.
I'd be surprised that we were the worst offenders of this, are others likely to receive similar sanctions for doing it last season?

Think the CPS explicitly wrote it down as an offence in January. We did it in April (I say we, I doubt anyone on here did) and we're the first to get done.

"They did it first", "What about them" are fucking pissweak arguments. How about don't be an absolute moron, I'd start there.

It's a bit odd that we've been done for it though is it not?
It's obviously wrong that it happens, but it happens at lots of grounds, particularly at clubs that have actual beef with Chelsea, not just idiots singing the same song that everyone does.
I'd be surprised that we were the worst offenders of this, are others likely to receive similar sanctions for doing it last season?
I missed the Chelsea game but didn't we ask over the tannoy to stop chanting and it continued anyway? Might've been a factor.

I missed the Chelsea game but didn't we ask over the tannoy to stop chanting and it continued anyway? Might've been a factor.
Well this is it. Club are fined for “failing to control supporters”. What more can they do?

And if they think stewards are going to start throwing people out then that’s not going to happen, those days are over.

The report says it happened on two occasions for twenty seconds each. I'm not excusing it at all, it is very wrong, I'm just surprised we were considered the worst offenders given they have many more local rivals.

One of the factors behind the fine was down to us not communicating before the game the chant is now considered an offence.
We did everything else required but not doing that left us open to the charge.
We do that and all that happens is the tits arrested for singing it get done.

Back