• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Is Jeff really going to change his mind simply because Lop has moaned in public? I doubt it, it’s much more likely Lop is covering his arse and getting his excuses in early. I still think we’ll get Elvedi and Scott plus one wide forward even if Pod is only extra departure. If Kilman or RAN go there’ll be more.
Do you blame Lop for doing that if Jeff has lied to him twice?

Is Jeff really going to change his mind simply because Lop has moaned in public? I doubt it, it’s much more likely Lop is covering his arse and getting his excuses in early. I still think we’ll get Elvedi and Scott plus one wide forward even if Pod is only extra departure. If Kilman or RAN go there’ll be more.

No, he isn't. Lopetegui knows this aswell, as you say it's just him covering his arse incase he gets us relegated or get us to sack him. He's not willing to walk and lose the potential payout.

Do you blame Lop for doing that if Jeff has lied to him twice?
If! Circumstances changed but we don’t know the finer details. I’d still rather he laid it on the line to Shi privately as going public only benefits Lop as far as I can see. It looks to me that Lop is staying until a better offer comes along or is waiting to see what happens by the end of the window. We don’t know but if he believes he’s been lied to twice he should stand by his principles and walk away.

If! Circumstances changed but we don’t know the finer details. I’d still rather he laid it on the line to Shi privately as going public only benefits Lop as far as I can see. It looks to me that Lop is staying until a better offer comes along or is waiting to see what happens by the end of the window. We don’t know but if he believes he’s been lied to twice he should stand by his principles and walk away.
He may well have laid it on the line to Shi already.

And all people stay until there is a better offer. It would be naive to think otherwise.

And it's laughable to think that he'd walk away without being paid by these charlatans. I'd have the fuckers for every penny going and I'm a Wolves fan.

if they lost up to £80m last year and are taking an extreme compliance position on ffp they’ll prob be in a weak position to consider replacing anyone costly for some time.

does fosun group pay for any sponsorship into the club? if you’re happy to bank roll a club for any period, under ffp you’d want to try and convert some of that funding into ‘legitimate’ revenue. the needle and the damage done now sadly.

does fosun group pay for any sponsorship into the club? if you’re happy to bank roll a club for any period, under ffp you’d want to try and convert some of that funding into ‘legitimate’ revenue. the needle and the damage done now sadly.
Sponsor the training ground I believe and some advertising boards across the ground

They have always been a bit reluctant to do direct sponsorships I believe because they don't want another reason for the the FA. PL etc to look into what can be dodgy activities of falsely raising incoming

Sponsor the training ground I believe and some advertising boards across the ground

They have always been a bit reluctant to do direct sponsorships I believe because they don't want another reason for the the FA. PL etc to look into what can be dodgy activities of falsely raising incoming
all makes sense and I suppose could look at overall commercial revenue comparisons to see where we’re positioned relative to other EPL clubs. Just wondering if we missed a trick given the ffp issue.

Any deal over £1m gets looked at to ensure it's in or around "fair market rate"
yep, though i wonder if anything is or would ever be done about it. there isn't anything novel about having to assess FMV in group transactions as it's required by tax law; albeit HMRC would be concerned about transactions that deflate UK profit rather than the opposite.

Just watched the first episode of the documentary about Sasa’s injury.

Confirmation of what we already know, but Bruno is a fucking moron starting him after one (light) training session.

Just watched the first episode of the documentary about Sasa’s injury.

Confirmation of what we already know, but Bruno is a fucking moron starting him after one (light) training session.
Got all season to get over it ay

If you needed any more lines to draw between Deano and Bruno...

Haven't seen the documentary so hadn't he already played for Stuttgart last season before coming to Wolves? If so, I assume he'd had a proper preseason.

So unless he picked up a knock in his last Stuttgart game how is putting him straight into the team any different to say Nuno putting Bonatini straight in against Middlesborough?

Haven't seen the documentary so hadn't he already played for Stuttgart last season before coming to Wolves? If so, I assume he'd had a proper preseason.

So unless he picked up a knock in his last Stuttgart game how is putting him straight into the team any different to say Nuno putting Bonatini straight in against Middlesborough?
But he wouldn’t have trained properly that week having flown to England, done the medical, and with a fairly patchy medical record.

The Bonatini one was equally as stupid I’d say, just lucky in terms of the outcome.

He landed awkwardly and snapped his ACL? We’re looking for something that isn’t there IMO

Keeping him on the pitch after he had done it was way more negligent.

It’s mad that he was still running around after and just thought it felt a bit weird.

Gascoigne did the same with that injury, so did Ganea as I remember. Not for very long though

Back