• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Neto, Semedo and Sa is definitely touching the first team! They'll all need to be replaced. Hopefully with some cheaper but decent performing younger players.

Ait-Nouri is probably the only one you haven't mentioned. We'd get very good money for him too.

I mean I said exactly that right after the bit you quoted. It's not that much upheaval really. Shows how bloated and full of shit our squad was/still is that we can have 2 summers back to back with this kind of turnover and still be okay.

It shouldn't be hard to replace Sá, we've known about the interest in him for ages so should have a list of candidates to replace (hopefully improve on) him.

There's no replacing what Neto brings to the team but the massive fee should stand us in good stead.

RB/RWB is a difficult one. It'll be interesting to see what position we see Rodrigo Gomes playing if we do sign him.

After this season Aït-Nouri still has another 2 seasons on his contract and we have an option of another year so yeah should be a big fee if he does go, especially in light of his recent run of form. We still owe Angers a 50% sell on clause though.

Briefed by the club, bringing January 2025 into the mix likely allowing the club to set the tone for future transfer strategy. Shift the goalposts from an immediate threat to one of the threat being Jan 2025.

Or I'm extremely cynical.
Don't think it's being too cynical. Proof will be when Fosun stump up money for transfers again (like Jan 23 was) without a big sale (like Nunes). It was crickets and a loss of a manager until relatively last minute in August, and nothing so far this window.

Time will tell

Why did you make me look at the replies?! FFS.
If I have to suffer, well...

It's just to illustrate how people think, it isn't how most of us on this forum do. Although I guarantee most of them defending the ticket prices rarely or never actually go to games.

Say it ain't so Joe!

Kid has one hell of an ego.
He's worked really hard to get into the team. All it took was a death, an International tournament and a red card.

That's the 3rd time he's done a version of that interview now, twice to the Irish press and now the e&s

He's definitely a decent young lad with no really bad attitude. Obviously just wants to play. Will get sent out on loan and hopefully pick up a couple of million for him from an EFL team.

Ego?!

What in that interview makes you think he's got an ego?
That was me going off the headline so probably should have amended it.

The fact that he would consider throwing his toys out due to not playing is a ridiculous concept with the midfielders he has in front of him.

That was me going off the headline so probably should have amended it.

The fact that he would consider throwing his toys out due to not playing is a ridiculous concept with the midfielders he has in front of him.
Who said he's considered it? He's said there's nothing for him to gain in doing so.

Back