• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Whatever people think of his prospects he has every right to be wanting to forge a career. I personally think it won’t be here or even at Championship level but he should push media wise for everything he can get - there’s nothing offensive in that

I’m a bit bemused why E&S are pushing his case so hard though

I think that it's just that he's happy to have a chat with LL. Similar to how Doherty, Stearman and Ikeme could do no wrong in Spiers' eyes because they gave him info.

He's definitely a decent young lad with no really bad attitude. Obviously just wants to play. Will get sent out on loan and hopefully pick up a couple of million for him from an EFL team.
Nobody is paying a couple of million for Joe Hodge

I mean, fine, whatever, but do you actually talk like this in real life??!

Which would in turn suggest he's considered it, if he's contemplating the consequences of doing so.
He’s just watched Nunes do similar so it’s probably a relevant thought in the dressing room tbf.

Throwing a hissy when things aren’t going your way happens enough that I can give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Might be that he hasn't considered it, he's witnessed it.

He could be talking about Silva. Could be like other young players who have questionable attitudes.

Or not so young players like Jonny.

He could have also said nothing of the sort and its been moulded by a journalist happy to let an inexperienced professional talk.

Hodge is a non-entity having his 15 minutes, let him have it.

Maybe the tantrums of Silva, Nunez and Johny playing out in front of him encouraged him to make clear, " that's not me."

Unfortunately, whatever his attitude, it can only get him so far.

Think it's clear to everyone who's seen him that his ceiling is well below the Premier League. I feel he's a tidy footballer, though. In a lower league I think he could carve out a little niche for himself.

I don't think so, he's miles behind where Jack Price was at the same age in every respect. And Jack Price is your archetypal neat and tidy Championship/League One midfielder.

He doesn't do anything to an acceptable standard.

"Lower" is doing a lot of lifting, I admit. ;)

He won't though will he. He can't run, pass, head or tackle and is no attacking threat at all. He isn't on loan at a Championship club because he wouldn't get near a single starting XI.

Back