• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Dug out my attempt from Sniffer's competition, I've got Chelsea, United, Villa and Burnley badly wrong but not too bad otherwise (West Ham are steadily Lageing their way down the table)

1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Newcastle
7. Tottenham
8. Brighton
9. Aston Villa
10. Burnley
11. Brentford
12. West Ham
13. Wolves
14. Crystal Palace
15. Fulham
16. Bournemouth
17. Everton
18. Nottingham Forest
19. Luton
20. Sheff Utd

Gaz has done a marvellous job of course but a load of the pre-season "relegation favourites" stuff was bollocks. "Wolves have sold all their best players", no we haven't. We've just moved on from all the ones you knew when you last paid attention five years ago, and somehow made money on two awful 2022 signings.
I tried to find the pundits predictions as many of them had us to go down. Unfortunately all I could find was...

McNumpty (makes me laugh as he had Everton improving for no reason!)

Radio Times

Michael Owen

The Independent journalists.

Graun had us going down

The exodus may have lightened the financial load but the exits of Conor Coady and Nathan Collins leave them short in defence.

tumblr_mb3uexWDuS1r4vvhp.gif

It feels like a significant season for Joe Hodge, the 20-year-old who made his Premier League debut against Chelsea last October.

50cent-smile.gif

Wolves’ state of disarray already does not bode well. Bournemouth will regret ditching Gary O’Neil, too.

Yeah the man they will regret sacking will also relegate his new team

(GO was at Wolves when these predictions were made)

It's genuinely stunning how little people pay attention to clubs outside the Sky 6. Really, all it would've taken would be the most basic research.

One of my mates drives me up the wall because he listens to these stupid podcasts like Football Daily, Pitchside or True Geordie. They pick some ridiculous clickbait topic like 'The most UNDERRATED player at YOUR club', waffle on about soon to be 27 year old Max Kilman being a 'Quality young defender' for 5 seconds, make an absolute killing doing it and then I've got to deal with this muppet sat next to me in the pub telling me how good Kilman is. Good news is he bet me £50 that we'd get relegated this season though so that takes the edge off.

Oh God, that during the Lage era.

"How bad can it be, you're 8th aren't you, could make Europe. Better than last season surely".

Mate, I'm telling you we're unspeakably awful, are you fucking deaf or what.

Oh God, that during the Lage era.

"How bad can it be, you're 8th aren't you, could make Europe. Better than last season surely".

Mate, I'm telling you we're unspeakably awful, are you fucking deaf or what.

The new one that's pissing me off currently

'You'll be lucky to keep Neto next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Cunha next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Aït-Nouri next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Gomes next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Hwang next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Kilman next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Lemina next season'

Name one club in the history of football that sold 7 of it's best players in one summer.

The new one that's pissing me off currently

'You'll be lucky to keep Neto next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Cunha next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Aït-Nouri next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Gomes next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Hwang next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Kilman next season'

'You'll be lucky to keep Lemina next season'

Name one club in the history of football that sold 7 of it's best players in one summer.
Wolves last Summer if you read the media

Tbf I'd be absolutely fine with getting say, £60m in for Hwang and Kilman. Then get some nutbar Saudi club to pay over the odds for Sa.

Hopefully Silva, Hoever, Podence, Cundle, Chiquinho, Guedes, Hodge etc can generate a fair wedge. Then obviously Semedo going into the last year of his contract would be a huge loss but if he is sold would be a decent fee.

Hopefully after that the 'damage' to the first team will be minimal. Looking at it without my Wolves hat on I think Neto probably needs to move on and his value has probably never been higher so this summer would probably be the optimal time to sell him (if we get a serious offer of course).

After all that I'd expect us to be able to keep everyone else that we want to keep and be able to strengthen in the squad.

Hopefully Silva, Hoever, Podence, Cundle, Chiquinho, Guedes, Hodge etc can generate a fair wedge.
I know football clubs do stupid things but I doubt it.

Fabio, Hoever, Guedes and Hodge are worth £0 between them and Olympiacos would be as well taking up their €5m option on Podence (assuming they have the cash) as they might even be able to flip him for more than that.

Doesn't leave much left over.

I know football clubs do stupid things but I doubt it.

Fabio, Hoever, Guedes and Hodge are worth £0 between them and Olympiacos would be as well taking up their €5m option on Podence (assuming they have the cash) as they might even be able to flip him for more than that.

Doesn't leave much left over.

We made a fair bit of money on tat like Sarkic last time around, I could see us doing the same in the summer.

Not enough to fund an entire transfer window of course but enough to make a difference. Losing Kalajdzic is a real killer though.

I think his extra curricular appeal will mean we won't sell him anyway
It's worth bobbins in the grand of things, 30 South Koreans at the match taking tickets we'd sell elsewhere and a few shirts. I bet his true net value is worth less than a week of his salary. We can't even set up a competent tour over there. Fosun wanted someone from the Far East as a flag waver means a lot to their ego, but little to our revenue

I clearly should have included the words "perceived by Jeff". I don't think it's worth anything, but Jeff does or thinks it's worth something that's hard to quantify, and that's why he won't sell him.

Back