• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

going back to the Villa match yesterday, was surprised how frail Doug Ellis looked - a shadow of his former self. also nice to get a shot of the old Villians from European cup winning team - Withe, Mortimer, Bremner Cowans etc. Fuck me they've aged.

going back to the Villa match yesterday, was surprised how frail Doug Ellis looked - a shadow of his former self. also nice to get a shot of the old Villians from European cup winning team - Withe, Mortimer, Bremner Cowans etc. $#@! me they've aged.
It was 36 years ago Mick!

Doug Ellis has looked like Mr. Burns for a good 20 years.

going back to the Villa match yesterday, was surprised how frail Doug Ellis looked - a shadow of his former self. also nice to get a shot of the old Villians from European cup winning team - Withe, Mortimer, Bremner Cowans etc. $#@! me they've aged.

Didn't Ellis scheme with others to wind us up back in the 80's?

Didn't Ellis scheme with others to wind us up back in the 80's?

wasn’t he chair when we went into receivership? not sure how much fault can be attributed to him but it resulted in the bhattis!

He was a Director when we went belly up the first time in 1982, but inherited a badly structured loan which Marshall saddled us with which we couldn't service due to high interest rates. Like most things in life I blame Thatcher.

wasn’t he chair when we went into receivership? not sure how much fault can be attributed to him but it resulted in the bhattis!
Quite a lot can as we didn't need to call in the receivers at the time.

ESPN has run an early prediction of next season's Prem. Of note, they have Fulham finishing 9th, Wolves 12th, and Cardiff 20th.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how they have Fulham that high. Probably just American bias leftover from the McBride/Dempsey days.

They must really rate Fulham highly, I'd expect them to finish about 15/16th. Cardiff down I hope.

He was a Director when we went belly up the first time in 1982, but inherited a badly structured loan which Marshall saddled us with which we couldn't service due to high interest rates. Like most things in life I blame Thatcher.

It was proven at the time that we were not bad enough to go into receivership at that point. the first second yes, but the 1st time with Ellis and Wheldon were not
yes we were worse then either of them thought, but not as bad as they painted.

The whole plan, was for the 2 of them to remove Wolves in the hope they could capitalise on it for Villa, basically you would have had the biggest club alongside Villa at the time (pre the Financial trouble) dissapear, and thousands of fans looking for football, I remember a comment at the time about Villa laying some free transport if Wolves folded.

Ellis and Wheldon = Cunts of the highest order.
One of these days I am going to start a campaign for John Bird to be given a Statue, that guy is a hero in my eyes

I'd have us (current team) 14th, Fulham 16th, Cardiff 20th

us 10th as it stands.

Reading and Newcastle both won the champ with similar team, did not spend much and both finished around 10th.
I expect us to finish around 8th as I think we will strengthen significantly

just picked up on bbc news regarding womens football - i thought wolves women had a team, but not listed in either premier or championship leagues.

Wolves Women are in the Northern Premier League, the third tier jointly with the Southern PL. They got there by merit, rather than being catapulted up the tables like some teams have (West Ham straight into the top tier, Man U straight into the second). But things aren't going well and they have just scraped themselves off the bottom...

just picked up on bbc news regarding womens football - i thought wolves women had a team, but not listed in either premier or championship leagues.
We have a Women's team but they play in the Northern Prem Division which is the 3rd tier.

It was proven at the time that we were not bad enough to go into receivership at that point. the first second yes, but the 1st time with Ellis and Wheldon were not
yes we were worse then either of them thought, but not as bad as they painted.

The whole plan, was for the 2 of them to remove Wolves in the hope they could capitalise on it for Villa, basically you would have had the biggest club alongside Villa at the time (pre the Financial trouble) dissapear, and thousands of fans looking for football, I remember a comment at the time about Villa laying some free transport if Wolves folded.

Ellis and Wheldon = $#@!s of the highest order.
One of these days I am going to start a campaign for John Bird to be given a Statue, that guy is a hero in my eyes

Cheers, thought i remembered some underhand nonsense at the time.

Back