• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Perhaps a badge displaying current number of loyalty points. Or maybe a post-it note affixed to the forehead.

It's a retro print of the Chorley ticket stub.

That's no good as a super fan marker,half a million people were there for that game,or so it seems

The other article in the Guardian, talking to Mel Eves, Willie Carr and John Richards about the last European game is nice too. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/21/wolves-uefa-cup-1980-81-europa-league
Apologies if already posted.

That article is all over the place. Pretty much all of Carr and Richards' quotes are attributed to Eves. Anybody who has the pleasure of listening to him on WM will know he's full of crap, but I doubt he'd claim to be playing in the early 70s

The club going cashless doesn't concern me as don't think I've bought anything in there more than once or twice.

Having said that, whilst for many this will be the default option then all outlets should still be able to take cash as well to give a choice. Apart from Paddy there are others who aren't into, don't understand or trust electronic means. If there is a power/system failure then no one can do anything if not.

My B-I-L lives is Danish & works in Sweden quite a bit - they have gone far further forward in having a cashless society & there is a growing swell of opinion now as to whether they have taken this too far - some elements of society are being cut off as a result.
I had to start taking cards as I get quite a few Scandi's in the bar. Whilst they are rude as fuck they are big drinkers but never carry cash €1.50 can of Coke pay by card.
Talking to some of the Swedish Liverpool fans they say in Sweden no one carries cash must be a nightmare for the elderly. Over In Spain no one uses cards mainly cos no one because no one trusts Spanish banks they pretty much do what they like and frequently do, even taking money out your account as Tax / Charges because you have too much.
Also no one tells tax man what they make if its in the bank they know roughly your profit etc.

Don’t want to clog up match thread but...

Service was fucking abysmal in the NB. Tried to get a pint before the game but was fed up of waiting. Went down at half time and was only half way through queue when players were coming back out so gave up again.

PRE-POUR DRINKS!!!
HAVE SOMEONE CONTINUOUSLY POURING DRINKS WHILST OTHER PEOPLE SERVE!!

Absolute morons. The club would make double the money if they had a brain.

You have poured beer in the NB? Still same shitty bottles and can in the BW. Food looked a lot better though, not that I had any or will have any.

Don’t want to clog up match thread but...

Service was fucking abysmal in the NB. Tried to get a pint before the game but was fed up of waiting. Went down at half time and was only half way through queue when players were coming back out so gave up again.

PRE-POUR DRINKS!!!
HAVE SOMEONE CONTINUOUSLY POURING DRINKS WHILST OTHER PEOPLE SERVE!!

Absolute morons. The club would make double the money if they had a brain.
Same old, same old, clueless staff and not enough stuff. Paid for an Oasis before the game, they'd run out, asked for a water instead, run out, asked for my money back, couldn't do it as cashless. Kid looked lost as to what to do. In the end had to go back at half time for one which they'd fetched from another stand

I've stuck up for cashless but this was 100% worse in the Steve bull the queues were huge. Till systems went down. Went down at half time and ended up just not bothering in the end and probably won't in future now either.

Back