• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Didn't we used to have a Mumsnet / MSE thread?

Def a thread on the brilliant Money Saving tips from MSE where people would starve their family to save £1.75 a week and be proud if it

The MSE forums can be very good but some of the sub forums are special

Nah, I did post up some of the more astounding drivel on the "Annoy" thread at one point.

I hate the people on MSE as they're deliberately mean-spirited. Mumsnet are just mental.

Breaking the talk of cash and cashless...

Had a chat with my new neighbour last night. Arsenal fan but apart from that he seems ok. Used to run a club in Birmingham until late last year and one of his regulars on a Friday and Saturday was young Bright. Used to leave at 4am on a matchday.
OF course the guy could be chatting bubbles but its a very odd player to pick out to make some shit up about.

New five year deal for Vinagre. Excellent.

The club going cashless doesn't concern me as don't think I've bought anything in there more than once or twice.

Having said that, whilst for many this will be the default option then all outlets should still be able to take cash as well to give a choice. Apart from Paddy there are others who aren't into, don't understand or trust electronic means. If there is a power/system failure then no one can do anything if not.

My B-I-L lives is Danish & works in Sweden quite a bit - they have gone far further forward in having a cashless society & there is a growing swell of opinion now as to whether they have taken this too far - some elements of society are being cut off as a result.

Yeah Sweden is a bit much.

I went into a fast food place in Stockholm 7 years ago and couldn't believe it when the girl behind the counter would not accept the crisp 50 krone note in my hand. I had a card so it was fine but I was surprised they were refusing cash.

Am I right to assume the new ST cards will be heading our way soon?

Hopefully. I am holding on to mine just in case, but change of sponsor usually means a new card doesn't it?

I think if we were keeping them then you'd have been able to upload tomorrow's ticket onto it.

Hopefully. I am holding on to mine just in case, but change of sponsor usually means a new card doesn't it?
They stopped putting sponsors on the cards a few years back. In the time we have had the current cards Puma, Adidas, MoneyShop & W88 have been involved.

Think new ones are coming out as the ones they handed out last year to newbies had a different design. So bringing everyone into line.

Think new ones are coming out as the ones they handed out last year to newbies had a different design. So bringing everyone into line.

I quite liked that though. It identified the glory fans so I could simply dismiss their opinion without even listening.

Is there a superfan special edition card/ badge you can all apply for so we ordinary glory hunters can identify you?

Back