• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I may be biased but I felt Zenga gave the whole club a bit of a lift after everything had gone so stale and mediocre under M & M and KJ who was a good man but had been dead man walking for months with performances to match. Zenga was no Nuno but he did put a smile on some weary faces

Had Nuno not changed Coadys game, one could reasonably argue not a single one of those signings worked out. We got a bit of cash for Afobe and VLP. Sagbo and Graham never came close to working well for us, and like YW I feel Wallace wasn't used correctly.

The last 7 names on your list were complete dreck.

I can tell you for nothing that Zenga did not make me smile. He was a fucking idiot.

The same people who got a smile from Mo Camara I'd have thought. He was a clown

I can tell you for nothing that Zenga did not make me smile. He was a fucking idiot.

He was ace. Shouldn't be near a football club mind but who can't love a manager that picks a random fight with Burton Albion's goalkeeper

Cheers YW - and happy birthday!!

Is it worth subscribing to The Athletic?

I can send you a 30 day guest pass now, cost of £0.

Then make your own mind up rather than asking us all the time :)

Tbh I'm not a huge fan of the Wolves stuff. The other coverage is good though.

It's approximately a billion times better than the E&S but so what...

I find the interviews a bit nothingy a lot of the time (like that one, I suppose the access is good but it doesn't really tell us anything) and when it strays into opinion type stuff, it's miles wide of the mark and not written well enough.

Haven't bothered with the podcast. You don't need to subscribe for that anyway, it's on Spotify for nowt.

You compare it to the stuff that say, Ornstein puts out for Arsenal or Taylor puts out for United, it's not in the same league.

Zenga seemed like a decent bloke and nice change from boring Ken. But it quickly became apparent he was in above his head and didn't have a clue.

No worries and cheers!

The content is good, Spiers is OK but they’ve had some decent features with coaches which have been of interest to me personally. Some of the analysis and analytics stuff has been good too! I would definitely try the free trial

I find the podcast alright. Better in lockdown with some of the interviews notably Stowell, Coady and Morgan than before when it doesn't really offer a lot which isn't already out there. There's something quite strange about Jacqui Oatley, I can't quite put my finger on it. Might be just that she comes across more as a presenter than a reporter if that makes sense? Her none football tweets over the last few months have been what I'll politely call naive when it comes to Government policy

Spiers' articles are unique in terms of both content and access, although I'd say it's reporting rather than commentary or considered insight. Nobody else does what he does on Wolves so he's got a niche that The Athletic platform offers him. Still ruins his writing with a load of unnecessary similes though.

I was already a subscriber for the NFL content so football is effectively foc for me. I'd probably pay just for that though with one of the heavy discount codes.

Contracts for managers don't particularly bother me. If they want to leave whenever then they can, and we wouldn't get anything like what his value to the club is if he did go. Fairly irrelevant whether he has one year or ten years on his deal.

Just keep him happy.

Wolves doing 2 for 1 on infant kits. Going to get a couple and chuck the other on eBay - if anyone wants it’s for a tenner let me know and you can have it before it goes on the bay.

Wolves doing 2 for 1 on infant kits. Going to get a couple and chuck the other on eBay - if anyone wants it’s for a tenner let me know and you can have it before it goes on the bay.

Thanks for the great offer Tredman but (sadly) all my grandkids are too old for the sizes left!

Don’t think there is a 0-6 otherwise I would. Mrs wouldn’t be happy though

Back