• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

When are the last 3 fixtures to be announced and who are they against?

I know one of them is Chelsea (a) but I can't remember the others.
Final 3 are

v Burnley (a)
v Palace (h)
v Chelsea (a)

Nothing set in stone for dates/times/TV channel

So I assume we'll be due some more NowTV codes this week?

We’ve only had one game on Sky though? They sent us two codes each so far.

We’ve only had one game on Sky though? They sent us two codes each so far.
That email said codes to use for the day of the West Ham game. Now the codes worked whenever you put them in but the mail never stated "keep one for our next Sky game" so people passed the codes around.

That email said codes to use for the day of the West Ham game. Now the codes worked whenever you put them in but the mail never stated "keep one for our next Sky game" so people passed the codes around.

The codes work for any day the part in the email from Wolves was just a suggestion really.

I don't think you'll be getting anymore I'm afraid.

The codes work for any day the part in the email from Wolves was just a suggestion really.

I don't think you'll be getting anymore I'm afraid.

Doesn't matter to me

Had to laugh reading Spiers latest article on Jonny and Dendoncker this morning. I've been reading some of the other writers of Premier League clubs on there recently and it doesn't seem the kind of place to be writing "absolutely runs his nuts off" and "he sent McGinn for a pint of semi-skimmed" :icon_lol:

His stats on Dendonker's passing are a bit misleading though. The vast majority of his passes are safe backwards ones. You can't really compare him to Joao/Neves.

Yeah, when he plays in midfield his passing is very safe, doesn't really tend to break the opposition lines. I think he'd be better suited to playing in the 343 (not that he'd start ahead of Joao or Ruben), slightly deeper but he does that very speific role in the 352 for us well as we know.

Whereas at centre back his forward passing was excellent and a real bonus for us at that time of the season!

Yeah, when he plays in midfield his passing is very safe, doesn't really tend to break the opposition lines. I think he'd be better suited to playing in the 343 (not that he'd start ahead of Joao or Ruben), slightly deeper but he does that very speific role in the 352 for us well as we know.

Whereas at centre back his forward passing was excellent and a real bonus for us at that time of the season!

Not sure what you mean by break the opposition lines, if you mean with the ball then no probably not but thought his movement including forward movement was very good Saturday. Gets in forward positions more than people give him credit for or will drift wide creating space even if just pulling opposition players out with him (this happened a couple of times) not sure he'd have that freedom to do that in a midfield 2.

Think the idea of presuming he's just a defensive midfielder to win the ball etc is a bit of simplistic one (perhaps because he can also play at centre back) as when he plays in the middle (especially a 3) he's often been involved in attacking play/goals etc.

He does try and get forward a lot but until his goal on Saturday he was mostly just getting the ball and playing it back when it did come to him in advanced positions.

5 goals is a reasonable return for the role he plays though.

Not sure what you mean by break the opposition lines, if you mean with the ball then no probably not but thought his movement including forward movement was very good Saturday. Gets in forward positions more than people give him credit for or will drift wide creating space even if just pulling opposition players out with him (this happened a couple of times) not sure he'd have that freedom to do that in a midfield 2.

Think the idea of presuming he's just a defensive midfielder to win the ball etc is a bit of simplistic one (perhaps because he can also play at centre back) as when he plays in the middle (especially a 3) he's often been involved in attacking play/goals etc.

Yeah I was talking solely about his passing.

His movement is very intelligent and we saw him running beyond the two forwards onto passes from Coady on a couple of occasions. He's also a good threat at set pieces I think, along with Saiss, Doc and Boly.

His running was highlighted on MOTD2 last night. (Fortunately, its effectiveness rather than its style.)

By punt . . . That's where expectations should be not "Wolves have a tremendous star in the making".

Let me quote what I actually said rather than TT's conveniently shortened version:

"Luke Matheson is very impressive as a human being as well as his ability on the football pitch. Put all that together with Nuno's coaching and Wolves have a tremendous star in the making. "

I've highlighted the missing piece which has been conveniently overlooked. When we first brought in Traore, many thought he was a useless acquisition. But look at what Nun's coaching has made of him. I would hesitate to cast such a negative view of what Nuno has achieved and can achieve. Nuno doesn't "punt." He coaches for success and he has a vision that spots talent even when some fans don't.

Back