• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Matheson is a punt, nothing more, way too much expectation for a young kid who's played a dozen or so games in Division 3. Bright had played a similar amount at around that age in a higher league

Actually he’s played 23 league one games at the age of 17, as well as scoring against Man Utd, and getting an assist against Newcastle in the fa cup.

I don’t think anyone’s thinking he’s the finished article, because he’s not - but he’s not a punt, he’ll have a good career.

Yeah he’s not a punt. We haven’t spent £1m on someone that age for a punt, we actually believe in his ability, as did other clubs who will have been watching him closely.

The memory of Zele will always temper our excitement about the prospects for young talent.

By punt I don't want to run him down and neither do I think we've committed to him just because he'd got a bit of publicity in the cups and he's clearly got a great attitude but we spent £350k? on Ben Stevenson who I don't think even got on the pitch for us so £1m is neither here or there really, we'll get that back in loan fees if he never kicks a ball for the first team.

Of course our development team rate him and I hope he goes on to be a superstar but at that age his career could go anywhere. If he'd come through a more traditional route, he'd be a kid with some promise who'd just stepped up to the U23s and who had maybe sat on the bench in a Cup game, Terry Taylor if you will. That's where expectations should be not "Wolves have a tremendous star in the making".

Last edited:
I think all people are saying is that he comes across as someone with a decent attitude and character.

No one is saying he's the next Cafu

By punt I don't want to run him down and neither do I think we've committed to him just because he'd got a bit of publicity in the cups and he's clearly got a great attitude but we spent £350k? on Ben Stevenson who I don't think even got on the pitch for us so £1m is neither here or there really, we'll get that back in loan fees if he never kicks a ball for the first team.

Of course our development team rate him and I hope he goes on to be a superstar but at that age his career could go anywhere. If he'd come through a more traditional route, he'd be a kid with some promise who'd just stepped up to the U23s and who had maybe sat on the bench in a Cup game, Terry Taylor if you will. That's where expectations should be not "Wolves have a tremendous star in the making".

He looks a real prospect.
Speaking to people he is very Highly rated in the club

I see that Betfair have opened a book on the Premier League winners 20/21 - at this stage there are only the Big 6 available: Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Leicester and Wolves

I see that Betfair have opened a book on the Premier League winners 20/21 - at this stage there are only the Big 6 available: Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Leicester and Wolves
Just had a look. We're 8th favourite alongside Everton at 100/1.

Tell you what though, the E/W at those odds is well worth the investment of a tenner or so.

Tell you what though, the E/W at those odds is well worth the investment of a tenner or so.

Is there e/w in that market (I know nothing about Betfair)? On Bet365 (also 100/1) the e/w is only for the first 2, which might be rather optimistic. Still better value than at least Leicester, Arsenal and Tottenham, though.

When are the last 3 fixtures to be announced and who are they against?

I know one of them is Chelsea (a) but I can't remember the others.

Back