• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If a nation that pretty much has the most talented generation of players can only attract the ex Wigan manager it shows the mercenary nature of managers.

I can understand that as reputations are hard to win and easily lost so they have to make hay whilst the sun shines

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It's odd but in the modern era I don't think being successful in international management really helps your reputation in itself.

Vogts, Jacquet, Lemerre, Scolari, Rehhagel, Löw, Santos and Deschamps have all won tournaments since 1996. Not one of those is regarded as a top end manager/coach and rightly so.

It's odd but in the modern era I don't think being successful in international management really helps your reputation in itself.

Vogts, Jacquet, Lemerre, Scolari, Rehhagel, Löw, Santos and Deschamps have all won tournaments since 1996. Not one of those is regarded as a top end manager/coach and rightly so.
I guess its an element of the game changing shape and focus.

Certainly in England we have changed from club teams being largely reflective of our home nations to a very large international base. An international manager would have had the luxury of picking the best players from that league to bring them into the national team, now the top English players in the league are a far cry from the top players of the league.

I can't explain France who have always had shit football league but a decent national team.

No words can describe how happy I am for Coady getting a goal

I haven't celebrated an England goal like that for a while

Coady is really living the dream at the moment. Where do you think they will put his statue?

Coady is really living the dream at the moment. When do you think they will put his statue?
Another hundred or so caps should do it!

In all seriousness if we go on to win anything and have a successful team with him still at the helm as club captain he'll be getting a stand named after him at least

He's been in the box at every opportunity - never for Wolves though !

I bloody love him. Hopefully this will mean I have to spend less time explaining who is on the picture behind me in every video call.

Great night for Coady, can't think of anyone who deserves it more!

Yeah England sent him forward for set pieces in the Denmark game too.

I suppose he’s as good in the air as Gomez, so may as well. Bit odd to have the sweeper in the box.

BBC report is all about the impact Calvert-Lewin and Grealish made.

Get French Football News
@GFFN
·
31m
Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes has tested positive of COVID-19 on Portuguese national team duty.

Uh oh...

Back