• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Thing is the EFL clubs don't have anything like the kind of handle on testing that the PL teams do.

Shocking stuff I know but I'm not entirely sure they aren't making it up as they go along.

Adama starting for Spain.
Even with the questionable translation it seems he made a positive impression on El Mundo

"Adama Traoré brings something to this selection that is not enough: certainties. Because although his arrival at the national team has been seen in Spain as an unexpected appearance, the reality is that the Wolverhampton player has been wearing in the Premier for no less than a year the virtues that now excite - rightly - the Spanish fans. His extraordinary ease of extracting juice from each piece of grass, be it meters or centimeters, allows him to face, trim, accelerate and center again and again during games. And that for a team like the Spanish, so lacking in offensive alternatives in recent years, is pure gold.
Perhaps his duty lies in the precision of the centers, the only subject in which he must improve his grade to confirm himself as a world-class footballer"

So basically had his full back on toast, but didn't find the forward with the crosses

Portuguese news are reporting that all the Portuguese squad will have to quarantine. Bodes well for us.

Rui Patrício, Nélson Semedo, Rúben Neves, João Moutinho and Daniel Podence to be under strict rules for a few days, after international duties are complete.

Would like to strangle the UEFA person who thought it would be fantastic to keep the national teams' games as scheduled.

That would mean the Leeds game off. We wouldn’t have the fit 14 with first team experience.

That would mean the Leeds game off. We wouldn’t have the fit 14 with first team experience.
We've got more than 14 who've played at first team level given the Villa cup game and experience elsewhere.

Ruddy, Hoever, Boly, Coady, Kilman, Marcal, Donck, Saiss, Neto, Adama , Jimenez

Sondergaard, Ait Nouri, Buur, Perry, Shabani, Vitinha, Silva.

By my calculations we have 16 who have played in the league for Wolves

Ruddy
Boly Coady Saiss
Buur Donck Vitinha Marcal
Traore Raul Neto

Hoever
Kilman
Bennett
Miranda
Silva

Plus Ait Nouri who can I think would count, given where he came from and the likes of Sanderson, Perry, Shabani who have played for the first team in the league cup. A few could go in the next 24 hours, but I think we'd still have 14

What qualifies the first team experience line Pad? Because if it's league cup we'd have enough with Bennett and Miranda
I wonder what the best team we could field would be!

Ruddy

Kilman
Coady
Marcal

RAN
Saiss
Donk
Traore

Vitinha
Raul
Neto

It's not too bad(!).

The rest though...

Sondergard (NFTE), Marques (NFTE), Otasowie, Hoever, Silva, Bennett, Miranda, Burr...

As we don't have to register a Prem 25 man squad for a week yet then Bennett and Miranda would be available, so i think we do have 14+?

I've got a feeling the Premier League aren't allowing teams to postpone (which is ridiculous as teams not in europe have space for mid week games anyway)

What about the elite sportsman being exempt from quarantine ruling? In what circumstances does that not apply?

What about the elite sportsman being exempt from quarantine?

I don't think it's to do with that, they've been in contact with someone who tested positive. So we need them to get some negative tests (and quickly)?

With both Ronaldo and Lopes testing positive within that squad, we'd have to consider ourselves fortunate if none of our players test positive too.

Yep, the rest of the squad apparently tested negatively a couple of days ago but wouldn't be a surprise at all once they are tested again

Well they were negative on Tuesday, will be tested again on Friday when they get back. Hopefully if that’s negative they’re good to go I guess?

Hopefully. Not ideal anyway for the preparations, but we will have to get on with it.

Back