• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If he did he'd never see the ball when we have nothing creative coming from midfield.

Its also clear those are his instructions.
Indeed. I thought the little monkey emoji might have made it clear that I was kidding, as I know it's sometimes lost in translation on the forum.

This is where we perhaps need the extra body in midfield, because creatively there isn't a fat lot coming from Neves & Donk, so we are asking Neto to do a lot for a relatively inexperienced player.

Has the monkey emoji taken over from the winky smiley emoji? I'm out of the loop, daddio.

Indeed. I thought the little monkey emoji might have made it clear that I was kidding, as I know it's sometimes lost in translation on the forum.

This is where we perhaps need the extra body in midfield, because creatively there isn't a fat lot coming from Neves & Donk, so we are asking Neto to do a lot for a relatively inexperienced player.
I'm a 90's kid mate if it wasn't on MSN it means nothing to me

I'm basing it on seasons before at other clubs, not very good, comes to us, not very good, bit of coaching gets to be really good for a chunk of the season then seems to regress and go back to previous level of average, I'd have been happy to cash in on him last season.
You'll disagree, but what's he actually good at, and bring to the team apart from running fast to the corner flag?

I'm basing it on seasons before at other clubs, not very good, comes to us, not very good, bit of coaching gets to be really good for a chunk of the season then seems to regress and go back to previous level of average, I'd have been happy to cash in on him last season.
You'll disagree, but what's he actually good at, and bring to the team apart from running fast to the corner flag?

Well his time at Middlesbrough wasn't too bad as he got a move to the PL out of it and is still their record sale I believe.

Everyone knows he's erratic, but if we're cutting the rest of the squad slack due to playing lots of games last season, no pre-season to speak of, weird no-fan covid football, Nuno starting to change our style etc. then I feel it's only fair he should have a piece of that pie.

The whole team have rarely hit the heights so far this season, and since the West Ham game he's played about 20 mins a game on average, so we don't really have much game-time to make such definitive judgements on him.

As for what he can do, he's never been a goalscorer but was second only to Joao last season in terms of assists. Stats don't tell the whole story obviously, and like Neves his value is more than just that. At his best he's incredibly disruptive to the opposition, at his worst he can be disruptive to us. It's up to Nuno to find out where he fits, and Adama isn't the only one in this squad who needs work and direction in that respect.

As DW said the other day, he may be a problem (to some), but he's not the problem.

I guess I’d look at it as

came to villa as a raw 19 year old kid and struggled, did the same at boro in the premier.

played for pulis, added goals and assists to his game, was considered one of the most effective players in the division and got an £18m move to wolves.

first season at wolves his natural attributes stood out, but he struggled with any real end product.

second season at wolves he added end product and only Raul had more goals and assists in the premier league than he did. Widely praised by the media and other PL managers.

this season he’s been quiet, but 8 games doesn’t necessarily mean he’s done for forever, especially given he’s played 2 at wing back, one on the wing and five as sub?

i think with a bit of time for Nuno to work with him there’s no reason to think he can’t equal or surpass last seasons numbers and performances.

he has the ability, a good work ethic and a willingness to learn - it’s way to early to write him off at 24 after the season he had last year.

He clearly took Gomes out and is being punished... Or they are saving him for the games that matter

Either has a knock, or has gone to first choice ch. Maguire can't play the next game so I'm guessing the latter

So, you lot can all watch Owen Otasowie (who's on the bench for USA) with me and Paddy then!

I dunno man, this looks like it could be Doc at LB vs Jadon Sancho. I could do with a laugh.

Back