• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

How is he rapidly losing his worth?
You think he'd command the same fee now he would have say the end of last season?

With him sitting on the bench (as well as many realisation that he's not as good as many of the neutrals believed/made out around that time) that's only going to continue.

Really good option, now where near the star player the media were making out at one point last season.

You think he'd command the same fee now he would have say the end of last season?

With him sitting on the bench (as well as many realisation that he's not as good as many of the neutrals believed/made out around that time) that's only going to continue.

Really good option, now where near the star player the media were making out at one point last season.

Could have said some of the same stuff about Jota at the end of last season, but he was obviously still highly valued enough by the Champions to spend a fair whack on him, even though he was in and out of the team.

As has been mentioned previously on this topic, Adama surely hasn't really played enough this season to make conclusive statements about his being the messiah/a lost cause. If he was playing badly for 90 mins a week and we were losing every game, perhaps potential suitors would be put off.

Look at what we paid for him as an example. Managers/coaches always think that they'll be the ones to unlock the true potential in a player like Adama, and he's shown flashes of it now at the top level. They lose their minds over players with the kind of physical tools Adama has.

Maybe his value has lessened since the summer, but I doubt it's by very much.

Could have said some of the same stuff about Jota at the end of last season, but he was obviously still highly valued enough by the Champions to spend a fair whack on him, even though he was in and out of the team.

As has been mentioned previously on this topic, Adama surely hasn't really played enough this season to make conclusive statements about his being the messiah/a lost cause. If he was playing badly for 90 mins a week and we were losing every game, perhaps potential suitors would be put off.

Think Jota is a very different case, Jota was a player who'd done it consistently for a number of years and had a small off patch of what maybe 6 months (even then he was still getting goals etc). Traore's a player that has consistently under performed who had a great 6-12months and now he's not considered good enough to get in the team.

You say he's not played enough to make conclusive statements....surely the fact he's not played enough is the evidence to learn towards the 'lost cause' more than not. I'm not saying he is a 'lost course' in my eyes far from it but if you think he's not considered more of a risk of being a 'lost cause' to any potential buyers ie reducing the price they'd be willing to pay compared with this time 6-12 months ago.

Depends who you ask, doesn't it. I'd say that Jota was more consistently off with small patches of brilliance.

Swings and roundabouts innit.

Depends who you ask, doesn't it. I'd say that Jota was more consistently off with small patches of brilliance.

Swings and roundabouts innit.
the manager who's playing them and training with both of them day in day out is probably a good man to ask

Let me know what Nuno says when you see him, then!

Let me know what Nuno says when you see him, then!
Well I'd say the fact he still picked Jota through his so called 'consistently off' (according to you) time at Wolves all but all the time bar the last few weeks or so of games says it all smart arse.

Well the point wasn't Jota being good or bad, it's that not everyone sees a player the same way. It's true of Jota, and it will be true of Adama.

We made a good chunk of cash from selling Diogo and I don't pick the teams, so my opinion ultimately means fuck all to the club.

It really does make me laugh to be honest - he’s perceived as having a fabulous season last year - second best stats for attacking contribution in the premier league for us, behind Raul (and ahead of £45million man Diogo), Klopp says he’s unplayable, Trent says there’s nothing he can do about such pace, all the sky boys turned from “he has no end product” to “he’s the danger man”...

This season is eight games old and already some think he’s a lost cause, value depreciating, will never improve, get rid now...

seriously, some of our fans just don’t have a clue.

He’s not a bad player, we are just not getting the most out of him.
He hasn’t dropped significantly in value nor is he worthless. He just isn’t worth the £100m+ we were claiming 6 months ago and we shouldn’t be selling him the first bidder

You could probably apply the same to Jota (not getting most out of him) now we’ve seen what he’s doing at Liverpool.

Traore as a genuine winger/wide forward in a 442, 433 or whatever would still be “unplayable”.

He's never been that good though, that was the point, people (in the wider footballing world rather than here) were getting carried away with what was a bit of excellent form when he is always highly likely to blow hot and cold. No, Barcelona were not going to re-sign him. No, he was not worth £100m.

If we can harness him properly then we know he can be an asset. At the moment we aren't and there's the double whammy of him not actually doing his primary job anywhere near well, which is on him, not the manager, not the rest of the team, not the system, him.

He isn't playing very well.

Traore and the new evolution has not looked a great fit tbf. I think he will go. As long as we don't spunk the fee on more "potential" and go for real back up or competition for Raul ,Coady and midfield I would be happy. 50 m seems fine.

He’s not a bad player, we are just not getting the most out of him.
He hasn’t dropped significantly in value nor is he worthless. He just isn’t worth the £100m+ we were claiming 6 months ago and we shouldn’t be selling him the first bidder

You could probably apply the same to Jota (not getting most out of him) now we’ve seen what he’s doing at Liverpool.

Traore as a genuine winger/wide forward in a 442, 433 or whatever would still be “unplayable”.
If your system doesn't get the best out of a player who is "unplayable" then perhaps you should question your system or the point in keeping him. Surely you maximise that value either on the pitch or in the bank?

Why do we want back up? You want better than what we have, surely?

We actually have ample back up pretty much across the whole squad now, bar keeper probably unless Sondergaard really is that close to being ready.

Ruddy

Hoever
Marques
Saiss

Matheson
Otasowie
Moutinho
Marçal

Traoré
Silva
Vitinha

Not that you would ever need to send out such a team but none of those are first choice at the moment and you're only including a handful of kids, it's fine. Do the same exercise with most other PL teams and they'll come out worse than that.

If your system doesn't get the best out of a player who is "unplayable" then perhaps you should question your system or the point in keeping him. Surely you maximise that value either on the pitch or in the bank?
I agree

I don’t think we’re ever going to get the most out of our attacking players in a largely defensive system. But then we counter that by probably getting more out of our defensive players.

Whoever is responsible for making Traore stand next to Semedo and nullify both players is the problem. Whether that is tactical set up or Traore making his own decisions on the pitch I don’t know. Most likely former. It needs sorting or we may as well sell him and sign a new inside forward / #10.

I always like the idea that players aren’t very good, but that we should be able to get £50 million for them.

Back