• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Sigh. Countdown until ‘Daaaaad’...

Wolves Fans Parliament appount Glen Aston as new chairman.

A selection of Glens social media posts

View attachment 3369
View attachment 3368
View attachment 3367
View attachment 3366

I haven't seen a more spectacular own goal since Dixon v Coventry.

If the concept of the FP wasn't dead before it soon will be. I dont know how the club can reconcile their community work and BLM stance (regardless of any BuT tHeYrE cOmMuNiStS) with engaging with this individual.
Why does someone's political viewpoint have anything to do with the job they have been appointed to do?

Are we saying its now ok to discriminate against someone for their political views?

Indeed. If you want to be a racist, Trump supporting, anti-vaccine, anti-mask, conspiracy theorist then that's up to you. But don't be surprised that when you say these things, it bars you from doing other things.

Glenn Hoddle is free to think that disabled people are being judged from past lives, for example. I'm free to think he's a cunt for thinking so and the FA were free to sack him for such nonsense.

Why does someone's political viewpoint have anything to do with the job they have been appointed to do?

Are we saying its now ok to discriminate against someone for their political views?
This really isn't difficult but I'll explain it anyway.

:- Your job is to represent a wide ranging group of people from multiple backgrounds.

:- You are working with an organisation that prides itself on a 'One Pack' mentality and being inclusive for all.

:- that organisation is also participating in a national and international anti racist initiative before games.

:- the owners of that organisation have delivered PPE supplies to the football clubs city hospital and the owners research scientists have been involved in the vaccine effort while you've been calling it a hoax in a public domain.

And you need to ask why somebodies publicly verifiable political views should be taken into account?

Are you well?

This really isn't difficult but I'll explain it anyway.

:- Your job is to represent a wide ranging group of people from multiple backgrounds.

:- You are working with an organisation that prides itself on a 'One Pack' mentality and being inclusive for all.

:- that organisation is also participating in a national and international anti racist initiative before games.

:- the owners of that organisation have delivered PPE supplies to the football clubs city hospital and the owners research scientists have been involved in the vaccine effort while you've been calling it a hoax in a public domain.

And you need to ask why somebodies publicly verifiable political views should be taken into account?

Are you well?
As Deutsch said, it's a fair question, and that is a great answer.

Yes, in certain circumstances. Society has norms which that society considers acceptable at a given time. Those norms do change over time and so does what is considered acceptable. At any given time, people push those norms or are actively outside them and this causes tension with rest of society and there are consequences. The Suffragettes are a good example - nobody (except probably Glenn) thinks that women shouldn't have the vote...but it was not all that long ago that the Suffragettes were well outside the considered norms of society and were pilloried, abused and criminalised for it.

My personal view is that people like Glenn should never, ever have any position of influence. His views are abhorrent to me and, it seems, most reasonable people. I'm glad he is off the WP but it does cast doubt on the whole existence of the WP if it lets people like him achieve any degree of influence.

Unfortunately, Glenn's views are now at the edge of society's norms rather than outside and unless there is a concerted push back racism, bigotry and prejudice will become more mainstream, more normal. If you are willing to accept that, you are no better than Glenn in my opinion - but then, that might be a compliment for you...I don't know.

Despots, dictators and demagogues need people like Glenn. I don't. May he see out the rest of his years in blissful bitterness and resentment, forever feeling wronged - everything he deserves.

I heard it from an external source (external from my head). No idea where.

"Unfortunately, Glenn's views are now at the edge of society's norms"

......including BT Sport

If you can get through the first minute or so of the annoying lads ‘sTReEt TaLk’, then here’s a video of Kilman with some mad skillz. I don’t remember him having one shot from outside the box!

If you can get through the first minute or so of the annoying lads ‘sTReEt TaLk’, then here’s a video of Kilman with some mad skillz. I don’t remember him having one shot from outside the box!

Get him in in place of Donk - the boy knows how to finish!

I knew Kilman's parents were Russian and Ukrainian. I didn't know he was raised in Jamaica though

God that's embarrassing

I'm still trying to work out "We don't use no normal keepers for these videos" :)

Back