• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I think we knew that, but I also remember everyone's favorite journalist getting in a right twist about it.

Yes that's right, he had a late night meltdown didn't he reminiscing about all the good times under Morgan, Moxey and KJ and how Wolves had sold out to the Chinese devil

Last edited:
My two most hated ex Wolves Managers, McGhee and Hoddle. Moxey wasnt a Manager but i hate him even more, the bullshitting bastard full of broken promises and upset.

Moxey was generally shit but he was just the mouthpiece for the owner. He got massively overpaid to protect the owner and seemed happy to take the abuse that ensured he picked up his big salary.

Sir Jack and Morgan loved him (well in Morgan's case he loved him until the fans got beyond Jez and went directly to him of course but put in the motion events that led us to where we are now, so not all bad)

Obviously, Saunders and Hoddle are out in front but I have a stronger dislike for Lambert than most, I assumed it'd fade with time but it really hasn't. He annoyed the shit out of me with all his "i know what we need" it sure as fuck isn't Dave Edwards playing every minute of every game you fucking helmet.
I think we knew that, but I also remember everyone's favorite journalist getting in a right twist about it.
The Express and Star were an actual disgrace in the days after Fosun completed, Spiers went into days of mourning for Ken and there was an article comparing Jacketts removal to the Bhattis binning Ian Greaves in 1982.

I can't really get that bothered about Lambert. Came in for 6 months, was average, played Dave Edwards too much sure but so did other managers.
Lambert had some talent he just didn't use enough, Saiss, Cav and for a brief spell when Ben Marshall looked like a footballer

I can't really get that bothered about Lambert. Came in for 6 months, was average, played Dave Edwards too much sure but so did other managers.
We had a brief few weeks where he grew a pair then fucked up an away game at Burton and climbed back into his negative shell.

A few games towards the end of the season where it was obvious he wasn't going to survive and he knew it and got his pals in the media to start defending him

Yeah it annoyed me how little he used Saiss at the time. He got the shape right to a point where he'd have Cav/Ronan behind the striker (was best when it was Weimann really) then just lump Edwards back in there. So weird.

I was at Fulham away and although it wasn't perfect, you could see the idea. Back four was rubbish apart from Hause but midfield and attack made some sense, even if Edwards was playing deeper.

Lambert steadied the ship and 6 months was enough, but he did what he needed to do. Getting hammered at Bristol in front of the great and the good of Fosun did for him

Going quickly back to Moxey guys, did you know when we got promoted to the Prem in 2003, Moxey awarded himself a £500,000 bonus. FOR WHAT ? Delia Smith soon saw through him when he was at Norwich and fucked him off after 6 months. He is now CEO at mighty Burton Albion. About his level. He shafted all of us.

Yeah it annoyed me how little he used Saiss at the time. He got the shape right to a point where he'd have Cav/Ronan behind the striker (was best when it was Weimann really) then just lump Edwards back in there. So weird.

I was at Fulham away and although it wasn't perfect, you could see the idea. Back four was rubbish apart from Hause but midfield and attack made some sense, even if Edwards was playing deeper.
I remember, and I'm not proud of this, wanting Edwards to get a slight injury so he'd be forced to play someone other than Edwards there

He didn't give that himself. His boss did.

It's obscene what he earned as a CEO of a middling football club but his bosses felt he had earned it. SJH absolutely loved him.

Back