• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I disliked Moxey, always patronising, always failed to understand football fans, but equally he was always an employee.

Reactions: b3h
Moxey got more money than we should have for some of the players we sold, but then we never seemed to spend it.

Reactions: b3h
He didn't give that himself. His boss did.

It's obscene what he earned as a CEO of a middling football club but his bosses felt he had earned it. SJH absolutely loved him.
Every time SJH/Morgan had to make an unpopular decision, Moxey was sent out to front it, try and sell it and take all the flak. So no wonder they loved him.
Didnt help himself by being patronising and looking incredibly pleased with himself whilst doing it.

Every time SJH/Morgan had to make an unpopular decision, Moxey was sent out to front it, try and sell it and take all the flak. So no wonder they loved him.
Didnt help himself by being patronising and looking incredibly pleased with himself whilst doing it.
I'm always staggered that he was once a decent Basketball player....

I have a very active hate for saunders.
hoddle caused me despair, and to lose faith/interest. it was always clear he didn't care, and thought he was above everyone else at the club. he also has a very poor character.
all the others, even moxey don't really bother me.

My mate is Moxeys postie, and she says he's an arrogant rude twat that makes her want to throw his post in the bin

I don't mind Moxley, he had a crappy job to do and took the flack on the chin. No Steve Brucing of the blame, as Dan might say.

Moxey was a prick. This isn't just the footballing budgeting which I understand to an extent but also how he was completely disinterested in creating a matchday experience. Contrast that with Fosun who took any suggestion under consideration some they went with some they didn't, he wasn't receptive or proactive in any respect.

Moxey viewed us as little people and actively tried to reduce us to a small thinking entity with his "research" he presented to the FP. We couldnt compete with Wolves of today back then but he was fucking lightyears behind Jeremy Peace down the road, a damning indictment for the best in the business.

Its quite ironic that Sir Jack employed Jez to end the golden tit and invariably paid him well beyond his abilities too.

And dont forget the "Pie and a Pint " bribery, how fucking dare he. I remember at that game, the Albion fans chanted " Moxey Moxey give us a wave". I dont think he did but hes still a cunt.

Sad news from the club with thr club historian Graham Hughes passing at the age of 87

Sad news from the club with the club historian Graham Hughes passing at the age of 87

RIP Graham. I have memories of seeing him around the club from when I was young. From the write up it sounds as if he had a dream job.

And dont forget the "Pie and a Pint " bribery, how fucking dare he. I remember at that game, the Albion fans chanted " Moxey Moxey give us a wave". I dont think he did but hes still a cunt.
This was actually Moxey taking the flak for another member of the board's idea. Granted, no one (including Moxey) vetoed the idea, but it wasn't his.

This was actually Moxey taking the flak for another member of the board's idea. Granted, no one (including Moxey) vetoed the idea, but it wasn't his.
Doesn't surprise me it wasn't his decision. Doubt the cunt has had an original thought in his life.

To then not veto that decision is just shit.

God I hate that cunt.

The pie and the pint was a hamfisted attempt at disaster management. Many people refused to use their vouchers out of protest. Being a man of little principle I sat in the John Ireland and got arseholed with said vouchers

Never hated Thelwell, just thought he was over promoted for his limited ability.
The man single-handedly disproved the Peter Principle by being promoted many times beyond his abilities.

Back