• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He was a McHee signing , along with that useless twat Corica, who was always knocked off the ball like a new born baby.
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I'm saying we've had far worse seasons for injuries (we haven't had any like this under Nuno, I'll grant you) and Ady Williams wasn't "crocked when we signed him".

We need a CB, a midfielder and possibly someone who can play wide upfront.

From that list I'd say the first two are more important than the 3rd

I just Didnt trust McGhee Deutshwolf, and i remember a game at Crewe where Bully played , and he could hardly walk, i know we have gone off the subject a but, McGhee was a wanker, and he turned a lot of people against us. Right back on the subject, according to Wolves Website Neto is to have surgery on his knee this week. Fuck it.

Thinking about it, a front three out of Silva, Raul, Podence and Traore might not be too bad.

Raul might have to play wide occasionally but he's definitely got the skillset for it.
Silva can’t play up front on his own, I’d rather we played Raul up top with Silva in a 2 or Raul up top on his own. Anything else isn’t worth thinking about.

Nuno said after the game it was an injury he picked up on International duty that they were trying to manage
kinda adds potential substance to your view on Nuno having a very limited number of players he is willing to trust from the start of a game.

Maybe the return of 3-5-2. Could still sell Traore that way and have Podence/MGW/ A signing behind

Need far more output from the WBs though and fixing our tactical issues with numbers of players ahead of the ball in a back 5.

Would also mean Mir could come back as I don’t think he’s suited to playing a lone striker role in the way we need

I noticed when Neto went down the first time he already had a big strapping around his knee. Huge blow that.

Maybe the return of 3-5-2. Could still sell Traore that way and have Podence/MGW/ A signing behind

Need far more output from the WBs though and fixing our tactical issues with numbers of players ahead of the ball in a back 5.

Would also mean Mir could come back as I don’t think he’s suited to playing a lone striker role in the way we need
I’d be happy with some flexibility, both in style and formation. Off the back of last season’s (relative) success we seem have become very rigid. We weren’t like this in Nuno’s first 2 seasons.

The compressed fixture schedule and small squad has very likely contributed to the cause. As soon as Pod was injured we had no options as wide forwards and Neto and Traore have been flogged to death. MGW and Vitinha are not wide forwards and Corbaneau clearly isn’t trusted. The only surprise is Neto has lasted this long. Sadly I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if Traore breaks next.

Last edited:
Help needed please. Looking for this set of Wolves trading cards, has anybody got them on as a long shot..

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 32
My kids had loads, will have a look to see if I can find them in the morning.

Dunno where to put this, so I'll put it here, BBC news just did a report on fans been allowed back into the snooker, then talked about music venues opening illustrated by a clip of wolves fans cheering a goal ( must have been an old clip)

Back