• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Pretty sure ENIC owned other clubs than Spurs at some point. Then when one of them qualified for the UEFA Cup and Spurs were there too, the smaller one couldn't play. Might have been AEK Athens, that rings a bell.

Yeah, it's contained within Article 5 of the UEFA Champions' League (forgive the crappy formatting)

=====================================================

To ensure the integrity of the UEFA club competitions (i.e. UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League), the following criteria apply:

No club participating in a UEFA club competition may, either directly or indirectly:

• hold or deal in the securities or shares of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;
  • be a member of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;
  • be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition; or
  • have any power whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition.
No one may simultaneously be involved, either directly or indirectly, in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of more than one club participating in a UEFA club competition.

No individual or legal entity may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a UEFA club competition, such control or influence being defined in this context as:

• holding a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights
  • having the right to appoint or remove a majority of the members of the administrative, management or supervisory body of the club;
  • being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club; or
  • being able to exercise by any means a decisive influence in the decision-making of the club.

If two or more clubs fail to meet the criteria aimed at ensuring the integrity of the competition, only one of them may be admitted to a UEFA club competition, in accordance with the following criteria (applicable in descending order):

the club which qualifies on sporting merit for the most prestigious UEFA club competition (i.e., in descending order: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League or UEFA Europa Conference League);

the club which was ranked highest in the domestic championship giving access to the relevant UEFA club competition;
  • the club whose association is ranked highest in the access list (see Annex A).

I suppose Grasshoppers are owned by Jenny Wang so I guess Fosun would do something similar for Bordeaux

RB claimed they no longer had full ownership of one. They persuaded UEFA it was true by removing RB from one team name. Clever bastards
Well, RB Leipzig are German, so 50+1 applies and Red Bull don't have majority ownership

Of course, just because all the "fan" shares just happen to be owned by half a dozen Red Bull employees is neither here nor there...

I suppose Grasshoppers are owned by Jenny Wang so I guess Fosun would do something similar for Bordeaux

Yes, Fosun don't own any shares at all in Grasshoppers, it's all personal holding of Jenny Wang.

Much like Fosun don't have any holding in Gestifute, but Guo happens to own some.

So I'm assuming Bordeaux would become a "feeder" club for wolves and not the other way around!

Why do you think that?
Because I think it's opportunism on their part. They're cheap, if you sort it out behind the scenes and get the bailiffs to go away then you can make a few quid relatively quickly.

Never have they looked to have a network of clubs interconnected across Europe, not on that kind of level anyway. Wouldn't work, Bordeaux are a bigger name in France than Wolves are in England.

Does anyone have any idea when ST information will be released ie - amount, when you can buy, what happens with money from 2 seasons ago etc.

Surely going to be soon?

I think there may be some way to go yet. We can't do a great deal until the Government let us know what we can do.

I think there may be some way to go yet. We can't do a great deal until the Government let us know what we can do.
Just thought middle of June might be cutting it fine when some people like to pay them off in one hit? Who knows. Providing everything opens back up are stadiums likely to be back at full capacity?

The thing is the Euros final is after 21 June and they're still looking at Wembley only being half capacity for that. Not one the club can guess on at the moment (of course it should be full capacity, but who knows what they're thinking at the best of times).

They will no doubt be closely examining if the partial crowds of the past week has any affect on figures too

Season Ticket prices will join the long list of things people will moan about.

It’ll be interesting to see if we are back to full capacity by the time next season commences.

Just thought middle of June might be cutting it fine when some people like to pay them off in one hit? Who knows. Providing everything opens back up are stadiums likely to be back at full capacity?
Guess the club don't want to sell, then refund.

The results of the test events, just 15 positive tests after should he leading to near max capacity but you will need to be fully jabbed or have a neg test result to get in. (All guess work of course as who knows what Boris Shakespeare will think of the day he has to decide)

Main question asked " why cor we ave the liquidator back jeff?"

Back