• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Get more for him if he has a long term contract..

Now that FFP is no longer a thing, our owners shouldn't have any problem spending money if they really want to.

Now that FFP is no longer a thing, our owners shouldn't have any problem spending money if they really want to.
It was last year the big cheese at Fosun said he was always asking Jeff if the club needed money and always got told no. Hopefully Jeff is going back with a yes this time

Because the owners aren't running us with a sugar daddy model? They've been clear from the outset that they want us to be self-sufficient. Trying to replicate Everton in the spending stakes is not sustainable.

Because the owners aren't running us with a sugar daddy model? They've been clear from the outset that they want us to be self-sufficient. Trying to replicate Everton in the spending stakes is not sustainable.
They don't have to run a sugar daddy model, but to make us "sustainable" they need to elevate us to a level where the big coin comes in, selling to buy at this point won't do that.

Good news about Traore, not always been his biggest fan but we need to retain him with Neto injured and Podence hit and miss in terms of fitness and performance.
Yeah, even if we sold him we'd have to replace with two players as we already need in that area.

I think we will go for Guedes, and not sure he will cost us a ton either (even less if they want Mir, possibly). Guedes, Podence, Traore and Neto to return as wide options I'd be pretty happy with. I know some aren't keen on Guedes but I think we fits roughly what we are looking for and he can be very good at times.

If Adama went the Trincao suggestions also made sense though, if we want someone to play off the right.

Yeah, even if we sold him we'd have to replace with two players as we already need in that area.

I think we will go for Guedes, and not sure he will cost us a ton either (even less if they want Mir, possibly). Guedes, Podence, Traore and Neto to return as wide options I'd be pretty happy with. I know some aren't keen on Guedes but I think we fits roughly what we are looking for and he can be very good at times.

If Adama went the Trincao suggestions also made sense though, if we want someone to play off the right.
Guedes does make sense but I don't think we have ever gone for the obvious linked players - Podence apart perhaps.

I think I predicted Semedo last summer :D

I don't see why we don't get both Guedes and Trincao.

Guedes can play up front can't he?

I don't see why we don't get both Guedes and Trincao.

Guedes can play up front can't he?
Guedes is off the left and can probably play centrally (but you'd want him in a two if you did I think).

Trincao we could do a loan deal for, if we wanted to sign two.

Mentioning Guedes justs triggers Dan....so I am on that bandwagon. Bring him home Jeff

Back