• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

One of the oddest ever fanboi bits at Wolves. People falling over themselves to say we should pay ridiculous money (for the time) for him off about 4 games in the Championship, when we were the best team in the league and he didn't have to do much actual defending.

Sorry but this is not the physique of a top level footballer.

632679-21945533-2560-1440.jpg

michael-mancienne-wolves-wolverhampton-wanderers-v-west-ham-molineux-JCGE8P.jpg

Him in midfield (parked one yard ahead of our CHs) was so grim to watch.

got to see my first IRL game last night. wife won some corporate box seating through her work, so we got to watch DC United vs Orlando from the suites.

they unfortunately lost but it was fun

4URqus5.jpg

n09QyfV.jpg

Last edited:
I see both Hamburg clubs are contriving to fucking up there directives. St Pauli currently drawing to stay second and Hamburg completely fucking up 3rd place.

also the weinermobile drove by us on the way to the game. 😂

kJrf2Xl.jpg

got to see my first IRL game last night. wife won some corporate box seating through her work, so we got to watch DC United vs Orlando from the suites.

they unfortunately lost but it was fun

4URqus5.jpg

n09QyfV.jpg
Some truly rank goalkeeping in that one. Gallese used to be really good!

Some truly rank goalkeeping in that one. Gallese used to be really good!

I'll be honest I was unfamiliar with pretty much everyone on the pitch.

Although, I happened to say "oh they have benteke? how far he's fallen" literally about 30 seconds before he scored. 😅

hmm my pics aren't showing up, annoying

I'll be honest I was unfamiliar with pretty much everyone on the pitch.

Although, I happened to say "oh they have benteke? how far he's fallen" literally about 30 seconds before he scored. 😅

hmm my pics aren't showing up, annoying
Benteke still isn’t the best finisher but physically he’s just a cut above in this league. Very few MLS CBs can realistically stand up to him for 90’.

Benteke still isn’t the best finisher but physically he’s just a cut above in this league. Very few MLS CBs can realistically stand up to him for 90’.

I don’t think i saw him lose a single header (that he wasn’t fouled on).

St Pauli contrived to lose 3-4 at home to Elversberg yesterday. Don't screw this up you idiots.

2liga3.png

Remaining games:

Hannover (A) (5th)
Hansa Rostock (H) (16th)
Hamburg (A) (4th)
Osnabrück (H) (18th)
Wiesbaden (A) (14th)

Need at least two wins I reckon.

Top two straight up and 3rd plays 16th in the Bundesliga over two legs (currently Mainz but could easily be Union Berlin, Wolfsburg or Bochum by the end) for those unaware.

Union have contrived to run in treacle again the last few weeks, 10 clear easily a few months ago after going on a great run start of the year.

One of the oddest ever fanboi bits at Wolves. People falling over themselves to say we should pay ridiculous money (for the time) for him off about 4 games in the Championship, when we were the best team in the league and he didn't have to do much actual defending.

Sorry but this is not the physique of a top level footballer.

632679-21945533-2560-1440.jpg

michael-mancienne-wolves-wolverhampton-wanderers-v-west-ham-molineux-JCGE8P.jpg

Him in midfield (parked one yard ahead of our CHs) was so grim to watch.
Were they the same who clamoured for the signing of Man City's (2 appearances in 4 years) Mikkel Bischoff?

St Pauli contrived to lose 3-4 at home to Elversberg yesterday. Don't screw this up you idiots.

View attachment 10148

Remaining games:

Hannover (A) (5th)
Hansa Rostock (H) (16th)
Hamburg (A) (4th)
Osnabrück (H) (18th)
Wiesbaden (A) (14th)

Need at least two wins I reckon.

Top two straight up and 3rd plays 16th in the Bundesliga over two legs (currently Mainz but could easily be Union Berlin, Wolfsburg or Bochum by the end) for those unaware.
On probability it at least seems unlikely that Kiel and Düsseldorf would finish the season on 10 (or more!) unbeaten.

Also, the pro/rel playoff there. I like the idea in theory but in practice the second-tier side almost certainly never wins?

On probability it at least seems unlikely that Kiel and Düsseldorf would finish the season on 10 (or more!) unbeaten.

Also, the pro/rel playoff there. I like the idea in theory but in practice the second-tier side almost certainly never wins?
Yeah, the last time the 2.Liga team won was Union Berlin in 2019 (didn't actually win either leg, went through on away goals vs Stuttgart) and before that it was Düsseldorf over Hertha in 2012.

Were they the same who clamoured for the signing of Man City's (2 appearances in 4 years) Mikkel Bischoff?
At least Bischoff would have been about £1m or whatever in 2004 (he wasn't bad, just made of biscuits, although may have benefited from comparison with shite era Craddock and various other waifs and strays)

Mancienne was quoted at around £8m in 2008, ridiculous money and he was so obviously flawed on numerous levels

Nice biscuits, I always get one with my coffee when I take the Missus to get her hair done.

As I said before, this will be the first time MNUFC takes its talents to North Carolina, and it’s going to be quite the spectacle. Charlotte averages more than 35,000 fans per game, almost double the capacity of Allianz Field. Now, that’s not a slight at our lovely SOCCER stadium, but a simple reality. It’s going to be loud, it’s going to be intimidating, and it’s going to be unlike most MLS atmospheres that the Loons are used to playing in. Playing in a football stadium—cough, Chicago—doesn’t work out for every club that tries it, but for Charlotte, it’s given rise to one of the league’s most solid strongholds. The visitors will need to block out the noise and stay poised if they want to take anything home with them, and that’s easier said than done. Just look at Columbus’ implosion at Bank of America a few weeks back.
Something really pleasing and validating about other clubs' staffs recognizing Charlotte in this way.

Ex-Wolf Jeong Sang-Bin expected to start for Minnesota; he's been pretty decent so far this season after struggling to break through under Adrian Heath.

Edit: Lol @ me, Sang-Bin wasn't even in the squad.

Last edited:
Back