• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Disappointing to lose that given the performance and being the better team for the majority. Our defence is steady enough, our midfield is brilliant, we just need someone to get us 10 goals a season up front.

Scandalous VAR once again. Protecting each others backs as per usual. Not sure how they can justify not even sending him to have a look on the monitor. (Video - https://dubz.co/mc/ace607)

But a very promising and encouraging performance given the late change of manager. O'Neil really doesn't need to change anything other than trying to figure out what his predecessors couldn't.... how to get us scoring goals.

MOTM - Cunha by a country mile. He'd be very special if he could add goals to his game.

--------------------

Gary Neville
Former Manchester United defender on Sky Sports

"I thought Wolves were absolutely fantastic tonight.
Manchester United's midfield was non-existent, the front three didn't work hard enough in a defensive sense.
Wolves got a new manager four days ago and there was doom and gloom about their season, but they were absolutely fantastic.
United were outplayed and can feel fortunate that they came away with three points. They did not deserve it."

Last edited:
You knew what would happen when Cunha missed that chance, but to be cheated at the end just adds to the disappointment.
Really good performance

Very good performance. Age old issues unfortunately. Hopefully we keep creating chances and twig that we absolutely need a striker to play Cunha off going forward

So tilted about how that wasnt a pen! Left such a bitter taste, but really loved how they played up til then (minus not scoring we had great chances)

Corrupt. Everyone knowns that’s a foul. All played well. Weakest links Sa and Kilman. Get Napoli on the phone now!

Not sure how I’m feeling after that. One one hand, we’ve just battered Man Utd at Old Trafford but on the other we’ve come away with nothing and I’m fuming about the non penalty.

So totally dejected after that end. Otherwise pleased. Some moments of genuine brilliant individual and team football. Decent shape, system and idea seemed perfect.

The actual quality of chances was the pleasing thing.

Very good performance and feels like there’s solutions in the squad to fix our scoring woes.

Semedo, Lemina and Cunha were absolutely superb. Silva promising when he came on with some good half chances that forced saves. Thought our attacking play was really incisive and we looked a good team up to putting the ball in the net.

Really promising stuff.

Note to Sá: next time you scramble out of goal stupidly, just punch an opposing player in the face. It's clearly within the laws.

We played really well. Some absolutely excellent performances from Semedo, Lemina, Gomes and Cunha but let down by some shocking finishing.

Don't even want to speak about that fucking farce at the end, close to just packing in with PL football and going to watch grassroots stuff instead.

Very happy with the performance but let’s hope they can keep it up and VAR officials can learn to be impartial

Fuming at that at the end. Sass has a chance of getting to the ball but the keeper has cleared him out.
Good performance and better than United by a country mile in the second half.

No complaints from me, to be honest struggling to remember an away performance like that under the previous Manager.
Only worry for me after that display is how many more will fucking Shi try and sell before the window shuts.
Just hope Hobbs is firmly in control.

Back