• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 3-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Not our day unfortunately. Two slices of luck for their goals and more first team players having to come off to protect them from injuries. Which is a growing list seemingly.

Not a great performance either. Plenty of possession away from home which isn't like us, and it led to them scoring from three counter attacks.

With 3 games in 7 days with a small squad with several knocks/issues reported earlier in the week, I thought GON might have prioritised letting them have the ball more than us. Away at Newcastle isn't really the place for trying to dominate possession against a heavy press IMO.

What a strange showing. When we knocked the ball around best, we had no threat. We created more with the most threadbare frontline we've sent out in years. But no complaints at the result.

Awful from Kilman on the first two goals and Dawson on the third.

Please never play Bellegarde in that role ever again.

Scoreline says it was an easy Newcastle win but reality is that it seriously flatters them. All three of their goals had an element of fortune while we got nothing in front of goal. Far more possession and a game plan to attack was brave but reaped no rewards. Such is football. Not our day. We move on to next week.

All about 2 weeks time, we’re not good enough for Europe and are in no danger of relegation. Save the best side until the Cov game.

horrible goals, tired, lose bad oh well

Fa cup let’s go

I guess many of us were fearing this kind of performance, all the players looked completely fucked Wednesday night.
The most frustrating thing is Newcastle haven't been very good and with a full strength team a good chance we will this.
Hopefully it sends a message to Jeff that we can't continue with such a thin squad, we absolutely have to get some bargain but competent players in with the Neto cash.

Game was a none event once it went 2-0 they just sat on the game but kept us at arms length we were never ever getting back into that one.

Weird game. They scored 3 goals that all had a slice of good fortune and the ball falling their way, but at no point did I think they were the better team. Also at no point did I think we were going to score. We were missing 2 of our best front 3 and the 3rd went off at half time. We were missing our most dynamic midfield player and so scoring was always going to be a problem. We need players back fit in a hurry. I thought Doyle did ok as did Sarabia in the 2nd half. 3-0 more than flatters them.

A big thanks to Craig Dawson for reminding me of Simon Coleman. Hairline's going the same way too.

I'd be playing Santi against Fulham.

2 factors really, some luck/poor defending with the goals and our squad depth in forward areas. 3 games in a week was too much, all GON's pre match language suggested he knew it. Second half Newcastle cruised.

2 factors really, some luck/poor defending with the goals and our squad depth in forward areas. 3 games in a week was too much, all GON's pre match language suggested he knew it. Second half Newcastle cruised.
They got away with it really, I'd have been seething at us going out like that, 2-0 up or not.

Weird game. They scored 3 goals that all had a slice of good fortune and the ball falling their way, but at no point did I think they were the better team. Also at no point did I think we were going to score. We were missing 2 of our best front 3 and the 3rd went off at half time. We were missing our most dynamic midfield player and so scoring was always going to be a problem. We need players back fit in a hurry. I thought Doyle did ok as did Sarabia in the 2nd half. 3-0 more than flatters them.
Just about sums it up for me. Semedo had a good second half and Chirewa had some decent touches. Hope Neto`s o.k.

Thought it was a high tempo start and if anyone was going to score it would be us. Sadly an awful loss of possession left us wide open. Dawson was all at sea being shit scared of Isak in behind but then actually manages to get a block in when we’d forced them into a nothing area which Sa would have comfortably saved. Lucky deflection dropping right to Isak.

Second goal is just dreadful. And then it’s game over with the squad and the cirumstances. Didn’t seem to get any luck where a goal may have given us a chance to steal something.

Never mind. Don’t think we were that bad generally.

Back