• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

It's definitely the biggest since Watford for me. Covid games against Sevilla or Albion didn't seem real then and that's only matured over time.

Factoring circumstances into account probably our worst loss in my time supporting the club upset wise, only Chorley rivals it. The team were shot when Stale's lot (sort of) lost to Luton. All the other notable play offs, cups etc were games against sides at our level or above, some more gutting but not as big of a loss upset wise.
Bolton in 1993?

Bolton in 1993?
In terms of league position the delta was the same I think but earlier in the competition so not the same prize at stake. The biggest disappointment of that was queueing for 4 hours for tickets to see us play Liverpool when playing a top side was a rarity and ending up getting Bolton

I went to Kidderminster in 2004 when we very nearly lost. By God were we shit.

That Semedo challenge was a red card all day long. What I can't fathom is how a VAR official can look at that challenge and think "this is fine", the technology gives a view of the incident you would think an official would dream of, and yet decides "this is fine".

That was by far the most ridiculous decision of the game.

Even Semedo's face was wracked with guilt/fear.

He'd have got a 3 game ban too, so we got away with it there as we'd have not only lost a good player, I'd be worried about Dan's mental health with Doc starting in each of those games. :)

Nelson really did have the guiltiest face on before he even landed.

The concourses inside and outside are fine but the local pubs restaurants are really not great. The lower tier is way too shallow meaning that by the time you get any height above pitch level you are way back from the action. In a ground like the Bernabeu you can be in the fourth or fifth tier and still feel on top of the action. The Millennium is 'nearly' as big capacity wise but is way more atmospheric and at Wembley the non attendance of many corporate or debenture Club Wembley ticket holders always reduces the experience.
Bang on.

I know we won at the Millenium and lost in a harrowing way at Wembley, but even given the shit surrounds, I never got a special feel inside or outside Wembley, whereas at Millenium you felt part of it - you could literally touch the pitch and were consumed by the atmosphere.

I genuinely have no real desire to go to Wembley again in my life now, nor to win a Cup. I used to dream of an FA Cup final win. That's all changed.

Bang on.

I know we won at the Millenium and lost in a harrowing way at Wembley, but even given the shit surrounds, I never got a special feel inside or outside Wembley, whereas at Millenium you felt part of it - you couldtouch the pitch and were consumed by the atmosphere.

I genuinely have no real desire to go to Wembley in my life now, nor to win a Cup. I used to dream of an FA Cup final win. That's all changed.

What do you dream of now? Staying within PSR rules and finishing in the top half of the table?

What do you dream of now? Staying within PSR rules and finishing in the top half of the table?
I just live match by match and enjoy the day. I admit my outlook has changed.

Give me the FA Cup when it was special, when it was 50-50 split between the fans of both clubs.

As it stands, give me a European trip and if very lucky a Europa Cup Final, or if we go down again a Play Off Final repeat at Cardiff would keep me ticking along. Wembley now does nothing for me I'm afraid, especially as you only get 23000 tickets for a final (stand to be corrected on that).

Beating WBA in a one-off meant the world to me.

I just live match by match and enjoy the day. I admit my outlook has changed.

Give me the FA Cup when it was special, when it was 50-50 split between the fans of both clubs.

As it stands, give me a European trip and a Europa Cup Final, or if we go down again a Play Off Final repeat at Cardiff would keep me ticking along. Wembley now does nothing for me I'm afraid, especially as you only get 23000 tickets for a final (stand to be corrected on that).

Beating WBA in a one-off meant the world to me.
The FA Cup final has never been split 50/50 between the fans. All affiliate members of the FA could apply for 2 tickets although I'm not sure if that is still the case. I had a mate who used to go every year as his family were in charge of the admin side of a non league club.

How do you apply for FA Cup final tickets?

Applications for an allocation of a ticket or tickets for this match MUST be made on the following form to arrive not before the 1st November in the year preceding the Final Tie and not later than the 30th November in the year preceding the Final Tie. Please download the form(s) that follow and submit the application.

APPLICATION FOR FA CUP FINAL TICKETS

When was this?

A bloke I know got tickets for the 1992 final between Liverpool and Sunderland...through Wednesfield Town who he played for at the time.

U wot m8!?

I guess you're one that thinks it's better to be in the Championship too??
Of course not.

But relegation would not be the end of the world, for me anyway. My mates would start going again (most priced out now), no VAR, also a healthy level competition.

The FA Cup final has never been split 50/50 between the fans. All affiliate members of the FA could apply for 2 tickets although I'm not sure if that is still the caMyse. I had a mate who used to go every year as his family were in charge of the admin side of a non league club.
Ok, my dad said it was in 1960, maybe he was wrong?

It always seemed more or less 50-50 back in the 70s/80s, but I guess fans of involved clubs still got those 'neutral' tickets whereas now 20-30000 go to sponsors and corporates and it all seems so plastic.

A bloke I know got tickets for the 1992 final between Liverpool and Sunderland...through Wednesfield Town who he played for at the time.
Yep, every team that takes part in the FA Cup gets tickets for the Final. Those in the prelim rounds get a couple and it rises based on the division you are in.

Back