• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Almost got away with it, but the defending let them score twice in injury time. Just not good enough unfortunately other than a 10 min spell where we scored twice.

Squad depth bites us in the arse again. Cheers Jeff.

Sa MOTM.

Last edited:
Got what we deserved in the end and managed to do it in the most depressing way possible, good process lads.

Worst defensive display I can remember.

Talk about injuries all you want with our attacking play, zero reason for us to be this shit defensively
Have you watched us at all this season? Our manager doesn’t have a clue how to defend

Immediate reaction is that is absolutely embarrassing. Ait-Nouri and Sa almost conspired to push us through, and that would have been very unfair on Coventry.

Really shit performance all round. No option up top hurt a lot, but that doesn't account for the terrible defending.

Wow. That's some of the worst defending I've seen in years. Years. Made Simms and Haji look like Lineker and Beardsley. Totally deserved. Should have been 4-1 tbf. And Semedo should have been sent off. The only players who can hold their heads up are Sa and RAN. Kid did well when he came on tbf.

Best team on the day won.

Few players never turned up. Probably the worst I have seen from Lemina.

Could sit here and rip us apart but lifes to short. Congrats to Cov, fully deserved.
Enjoy your Wembley trip. Hope you dont get the Double 6 as one of your pubs.

Have you watched us at all this season? Our manager doesn’t have a clue how to defend

Wait, there have been other games this year ?!

(I didn’t mean to imply it was exclusive to this game ! )

Nothing will match Bolton in 95 or Watford in 2019 but that really fucking hurts.
You’ve gone ahead, just do the basics.
Best thing is that this will be shown time and time again as a great FA Cup game. Just a horrible afternoon, well deserved for Coventry they were the better side.
Our lack of attacking output was a big reason why we came under so much pressure, absolutely no one to hold the ball, run into channels and relieve the pressure.
Probably a very good thing we’ve got no game for 2 weeks.

Worst thing for me is that the bits we fucked on their goals aren’t the bits we normally struggle with. We’re open as fuck when we get turned over but once we’re set we’re typically okay.

This was so visibly and clearly “hey we won, no need to take this seriously now” that it really makes me think hard about how Gary is motivating them and whether it can hold up long term.

We were wank for 80 minutes, somehow fucking jammed it, and then managed to fuck it all up because we're braindead cunts, passive as fuck, frankly got what we deserved. That is absolutely disgusting from everybody barring Sa and RAN, very much including the manager

Also what's the weekly wage bill, about £1.5m? £50 to every wolves fan that was there to watch that fucking car crash

The owners and that manager caused this. Owners for not getting the players we needed and the manager for risking players in the biggest nothing game of the season and nobody give me "they can get injured in training" it's nothing like the same intensity and you know it. Defensively poor but we had no threat and we were lucky to score 2.

Agreed, they broke forward on.us multiple times like West Ham did. Sheer luck today it was Haji and Simms rather than Paqueta and Kudus that they didn't score even more.

Back