• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi-Final: Watford 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

The bogs in double six were abominable by the way. If you needed a shit hovering was a minimum. You needed a chandelier to hold on to to be safe.

I used a better bog in general population on the fourth day of Sonisphere.

I can't be the only one who thinks -

"You have the national stadium there. A serious number of matches where you can guarantee big crowds wanting lots of beer. How fucking hard is it to actually have a pub that doesn't make the Mos Eisley Cantina look like the Savoy fucking Grill?"

As I said on Twitter yesterday, the whole area is basically Broad Street Wolves extended for two miles each way. So rubbish.

The consolation of not getting into any of the pubs towards and beyond Wembley Central was that they all looked crap as well.

Normally when you get massive projects like this you also get a load of urban regeneration. Eastlands is unrecognisable from when I first moved to Manchester nearly 20 years ago, the transformation around Salford Quays has been huge too. I'm pretty sure Spurs have big plans for the surrounding area in cahoots with the local council. Just doesn't apply in this specific area, it is awful. They've just lamped a stadium down and left it as it is.

I get that.

But decoration, beer husbandry, staff training, toilet cleaning can all be dealt with within a shit shell like Double Six and make it at least acceptable. Serving over-priced wank in a cunt hole for a captive audience is just a cheap fucking rip-off trick.

Surprised that a place that bad (& by all accounts from others it wasn't the worst round that area) makes enough to survive - presume that hoicking the prices up on match days there covers the costs.

I'm pretty sure Spurs have big plans for the surrounding area in cahoots with the local council. Just doesn't apply in this specific area, it is awful. They've just lamped a stadium down and left it as it is.

They have. A load of houses right by the Stadium are going and still multi millions to be spent on the area.

Things coming back to me from after the game. Thousands of people walking away from the Stadium and you have a row of stewards just standing still blocking the way for no reason whatsoever. Don't move, just stand there like statues. Fucking move.

We went in the Ibis bar opposite where you exit Wembley Park train station, was pleasant enough and £5 per pint

Yeah, again I brought up the segregation on Twitter. Either do it properly or not at all. That was the ridiculous thing with not letting us in anywhere. Mate, if I wanted to whack some Watford fan then I think I'd have done it at some point in the last half hour when I've been walking alongside thousands of them and I could just disappear into a crowd. Clearly it isn't going to happen so let us in for a pint and we'll be off.

They have. A load of houses right by the Stadium are going and still multi millions to be spent on the area.

Things comingnback to me from after the game. Thousands of people walking away from the Stadium and you have a row of stewards just standing still blocking the way for no reason whatsoever. Don't move, just stand there like statues. Fucking move.

Got stopped 3 times on Wembley way & still had a fecking massive queue outside Wembley Park Station so actually made no difference anyway - not that we were going there immediately as were always going to leave it a bit to clear.

I will ask again, did anyone use the signal box at Euston?

Yeah, again I brought up the segregation on Twitter. Either do it properly or not at all. That was the ridiculous thing with not letting us in anywhere. Mate, if I wanted to whack some Watford fan then I think I'd have done it at some point in the last half hour when I've been walking alongside thousands of them and I could just disappear into a crowd. Clearly it isn't going to happen so let us in for a pint and we'll be off.

Unlike this embarrassing prick who will probably get a life ban just at the time we are better than ever. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8819878/wolves-watford-fight-wembley-watch-fans-thug/amp/

As I said on Twitter yesterday, the whole area is basically Broad Street Wolves extended for two miles each way. So rubbish.

The consolation of not getting into any of the pubs towards and beyond Wembley Central was that they all looked crap as well.

Normally when you get massive projects like this you also get a load of urban regeneration. Eastlands is unrecognisable from when I first moved to Manchester nearly 20 years ago, the transformation around Salford Quays has been huge too. I'm pretty sure Spurs have big plans for the surrounding area in cahoots with the local council. Just doesn't apply in this specific area, it is awful. They've just lamped a stadium down and left it as it is.

I said in the NFL thread back in October that it's embarrassing that people come from America and have to walk through that shit hole. I'm sure they'd come to London for a few days and experience the better things the City has to offer, but Christ it's grim. I avoided it after last time, few beers in Kings X with an old friend tube up, then back again after the game.

We went to the Flyer. Tap was open but it is so fucking tiny it would have been a nightmare.

Great to see you, mate (and Darlo etc) - and thanks for the scarf. My dad wore it so blame him for the defeat.

It was a pleasure.

The Flyer was alright, if somewhat pricey. I would never drink in Wembley again I don't think. Just got to time the tube right so you get into the ground on time. It's a dreadful area. At least Broad Street has the Hog and the London at the top of it!

It was a pleasure.

The Flyer was alright, if somewhat pricey. I would never drink in Wembley again I don't think. Just got to time the tube right so you get into the ground on time. It's a dreadful area. At least Broad Street has the Hog and the London at the top of it!

The Dark Star Hophead was a nice pint. Good atmosphere, reasonably quick to get served and a game of football going on in the corridor to the toilets. Apart from the prices (£20 for 3 pints and a Pepsi) it was a decent place.

The Tap apparently took 3x their normal Sunday take...

I thought it would be far more than that. Loads outside it on the three occasions I went past.

We tried the Crock of Gold but they'd stopped letting people in, The Torch looked shit and there was a queue to get in, so ended up in the Wembley Tavern. It was ok(ish), Hop House for £6 a pint, served quickly and for Paddy if he's interested it had a clean shitter...

We fancied another pint before heading back but absolutely not in the Double Six so we also went to the Wembley Tavern eventually. I'd give it 3/10, one of those points for the fairly genial barman and one point for having both Alison Moyet and Nik Kershaw playing on the TV.

Back