• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Absolutely fucking livid at that for completely different reasons than I thought I would be. We outplayed them, we should have scored at least three and they fluke one because Sa behaves like a prick yet again.

And the ‘officiating’ was disgraceful yet AGAIN. Cards in his pocket for them all but for the absolute worst ones, they should have had miles more. And that fucking penalty call at the end was just a bunch of cunts suiting themselves again. No way in the world was that not a penalty. Bent as fuck, get to fuck PGMOL because you’ve killed the game. Shove your fucking apology and fuck off as far as you can. Absolute cunts.

Fair play to O’Neil I fucking enjoyed 95% of that. Semedo was fantastic but Cunha was something else. Get a forward in front of him and play like that all season and we’ll win more than we lose.

Oh yeah, fuck off PGMOL you corrupt cunts.

Well the best team lost. And we were the better team by a long way. But we have to take chances sooner rather than later or we'll end up being those valiant lovers too often. Some great individual performances, particularly Semedo, Neto, Lemina, Hwang (😲😲), Gomes and Matheus who was majestic in the 2nd half. But Cunha was MOTM in every way apart from failing to score. Brilliant performance, he terrified their back 4. RAN was the weakest for me (and he wasn't bad), he lost Wan-Bissaka for the goal which was very poor.

Edit: apologies to RAN, Sarabia was the poorest Wolves player today.

Loads to be positive about and certainly got me looking forward to Saturday. Shame the two issues that cost us, a Keeper prone to wandering and no natural scorer, are long standing and could have been addressed for break even.

No blame on Sa for you of course, all RAN 🤣 It would be so simple to improve on him FFS.
I didn't say there was no blame on Sa, but he was put in that position by RAN switching off and not doing his job.

as the commentator said, " that happens anywhere else on the pitch and its a foul"

Early days but kudos to GON and the players for taking it to Utd on their own back yard. I thought we'd shrink but we blossomed.

Lots of encouraging elements, Semedo, Cunha, Nunes, Gomes all fantastic, Neto good in patches.

Hope it gives the manager and players a shitload of confidence and we kick on from it

That VAR non decision will take some getting over. Worst one I’ve ever seen and we’ve had a few. Can’t even say anything about the game I’m just too angry.

It's genuinely worse than the lino guessing wrongly that Nunes was offside at Liverpool for me. It was so obviously I foul, I didn't even contemplate it wouldn't be given even at Old Trafford in the 90th minute which demonstrates how much of a stonewaller it was.

Good performance, nothing less than I expected, we have some very good players.
Good formation too and loads of effort.
GON obviously has the backing of the players so far.
I'd like to see Neto back on the left.
Robbed by VARat the end there.
Still need to sign an additional centre half.

Same shit different day. Couldn't finish and then VAR steps in to remove any doubt.

Really good performances from Somedo, Gomes et al but Sa is still a bombscare and at fault.

Lemina definitely the most culpable for the goal. Leaves AWB to run into the box unmarked.

Cunha was magnificent. I know he’s kinda cost us. But if he plays to that level every week he’ll win us plenty of games
It reminded me of Adama in a lot ways, absolutely brilliant until he gets near the box/has a decision to make.

I get the impression GON will be encouraging them after that too, rather than focussing on VAR like Lage and Lopetegui tended to do.

As if getting the pitchforks out before we've even seen what he's going to do was completely irrational.

GON gets plenty of credit for tonight, but the pitchforks weren't for him anyway. Just one game, but an encouraging start, and I very much enjoyed his fury at the Onana corrupt decision

It's genuinely worse than the lino guessing wrongly that Nunes was offside at Liverpool for me. It was so obviously I foul, I didn't even contemplate it wouldn't be given even at Old Trafford in the 90th minute which demonstrates how much of a stonewaller it was.
Liverpool one was worse because it was about 3 massive errors in one (the linesman, VAR cameras, VAR referee)

Back