• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I can’t believe the builders would have been dumb enough to sling up the stand on an earth bank? Surely there must be significant concrete footings?

Hey, you leave that corner alone. They've increased the font size on the videowall and I can see the match clock properly now.

The one on the Steve Bull pisses me off. I don't want to know the literal time of day, I want to know how long has gone in the match. It did say that before and then they changed it for no reason.

I’m having trouble reading the time on that match clock. Noticed it on Sunday. Probably time for an eye test. Pretty sure I am overdue.

Hey, you leave that corner alone. They've increased the font size on the videowall and I can see the match clock properly now.

The one on the Steve Bull pisses me off. I don't want to know the literal time of day, I want to know how long has gone in the match. It did say that before and then they changed it for no reason.
That winds me up too. Why do I need to know what time it is while I'm watching a football match?

I’m having trouble reading the time on that match clock. Noticed it on Sunday. Probably time for an eye test. Pretty sure I am overdue.
Probably just the daft font they like to use.

You are not alone. The bloke two down from me kept saying that they are playing injury time now, all the way from 70 to 79 minutes. I'm also another that doesn't get why the SB clock needs to say the time. I looked on Sunday when it said 18:02. Tried to work out if that meant 18 mins 2 secs had gone in the second half or that time remained. Dawned on me that it was two minutes past six - waste of space.

You know what, I'm going to give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one.

It sounds like the structure has failed, I wouldn't imagine the founds have - they do have them. Perhaps it really was just a regular inspection that has since revealed more serious concerns.

I have no idea why they just don't pony up a bit of cash and make a permanent structure, a life cycle of 3 years will have made this very expensive, unless they are able to recoup this under a warranty but thats not always possible.

EDIT - just read the article, serious substructure issues, so it is the founds then - someones PI is in for a tattering.

Rumours they've earmarked Burnley on the 30th November for the grand reopening, tendering process begins on the 28th.

You know what, I'm going to give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one.

It sounds like the structure has failed, I wouldn't imagine the founds have - they do have them. Perhaps it really was just a regular inspection that has since revealed more serious concerns.

I have no idea why they just don't pony up a bit of cash and make a permanent structure, a life cycle of 3 years will have made this very expensive, unless they are able to recoup this under a warranty but thats not always possible.

EDIT - just read the article, serious substructure issues, so it is the founds then - someones PI is in for a tattering.
What's PI for the uninitiated?

The Graham Hughes stand is a joke. It's referred to as the temporary stand but it's been there in some shape or form for about 18 years. The stadium is not fit for purpose, not big enough, corporate parts not up to par and some parts downright dangerous. Not everything should be about a quick ROI

If it is a complete rebuild on the temp stand do it fucking properly and fill the corner in with something that can be extended upward when the rebuild takes place, assuming it ever does.

If it is a complete rebuild on the temp stand do it fucking properly and fill the corner in with something that can be extended upward when the rebuild takes place, assuming it ever does.
That's a very expensive solution.

Well they've got plenty of spare cash because they didn't spend it in the transfer window

Back