• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Sorry for the spam, but if Fosuns aim is to create a brand - then why start by buying a football club? I just don't get that bit, was it for the logo? I don't think it was with the intention to flip the club because it's inextricably linked to the brand now.
Because at £30m + whatever they had to invest to make us any good (most of it in soft loans, which should be repayable when they sell us on, unless we do something very weird) we were a good price. Assuming you have that kind of liquidity available in the first place.

They're already miles up on the deal, before we even consider anything commercial.

Because at £30m + whatever they had to invest to make us any good (most of it in soft loans, which should be repayable when they sell us on, unless we do something very weird) we were a good price. Assuming you have that kind of liquidity available in the first place.

They're already miles up on the deal, before we even consider anything commercial.
Absolutely, but how do Fosun realise that investment without selling? And how would they sell but keep the copyright (if that's the right term) on Wolves?

I'm probably being a bit thick but I don't get it.

Absolutely, but how do Fosun realise that investment without selling? And how would they sell but keep the copyright (if that's the right term) on Wolves?

I'm probably being a bit thick but I don't get it.
They own assets which gives them wealth. Allows them to borrow and run investments for others based on the value of their assets.

By having the IP (intellectual property) not copyright from Wolves the football club this will open up more opportunities to aquire companies and increase wealth.

It's pretty similar to how Berkley Hathaway work

I guess this is where we as predominantly British based fans are different to Americans as we're wedded to our clubs and their identity like a religion.

Not being a franchise model you get attached.

Don’t be fooled. North Americans are every bit as attached to their teams as Brits

It. Is. Nothing. To. Do. With. The. Club.
Whilst it’s being pumped out continually on all the clubs social media accounts & channels and constantly being rammed down our throats, it has more than enough to do with the club.

No one wants to see that shit after the window we’ve just had. One glance at the comments on their posts tells you as much.

No one wants to see that shit after the window we’ve just had. One glance at the comments on their posts tells you as much.
Yeah but as I said last week, nothing they can possibly say will placate anyone, because we obviously failed to get what we (fans and club) wanted.

They can't just hide away forever or send out mea culpa videos that won't do anything positive.

As I say, this eSports thing is a waste of energy to me, whether it's on the part of Fosun, Wolves or both. Fosun are interested in making money and I don't see how that stacks up, to Wolves it's completely worthless. It's a sideshow though.

I've been one of those saying it's nothing to get worked up by, and I stick with that until they do start branding odd products with our logo. And I do believe increased brand reputation can be pretty damn helpful, and highly doubt the brand could/would be sold off when they sell us, but it does remind me of Superleague Formula where football clubs branded racing cars and it was just very cringe, never mind the owners of the spirt went bankrupt. Too much focus in this space does seem like a waste of effort when the club feels like it is being neglected- that's my bigger concern. Plus I think fans are due an explanation or two on the footballing side of things currently both with bigger strategy and on the transfer window

Fosun are hardly likely to emphasize esports at the expense of the club. Jeff does not have to split his time between two distinct parts of the Wolves brand. We are already committed to WWFC so to those of you in England the newer aspects of the Wolves brand may seem pointless, but in the rest of the world anything - ANYTHING - that raises the profile of the brand can only help improve awareness of the club, and ultimately support for the team.
I am not talking about our millions of Mexican fans, but about a long term development of worldwide support for WWFC. Success on the pitch is obviously one way to gain support, but it is not the only one. (Most the soccer fans I know support one of Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs - but not Man City.) Having the Wolves logo linked with NBA2K or NACL can be part of a drip drip effect that makes people aware of the club and helps them choose who to support.
At the same time it makes sense to Fosun to promote their esports activities to a potential new fanbase - WWFC. So I have no problem with their attempts to cross market the Wolves brand.

63CF5DDC-FEC6-430D-B42A-31169B5F5BFD.jpeg

So, so weird that we haven’t scored yet. Literally *all* the data points to us being one of the best performing sides in the division… except the most important one! Surely things will turn around for us if we carry on doing what we’re doing. SURELY?!

Fosun Sports Group own Wolves eSports
Guo owns Wolves the club (W.W.1990 Ltd)
A minor correction.

Fosun International Holdings, a Bermuda-based company, is the ultimate owner of W.W. 1990 Ltd.. Guo Guan Chang is registered as having significant control over W.W. 1990 Ltd due to owning between 50% and 75% of Fosun International Holdings. From the documents submitted to Companies House, including the 2020 Annual Report, Guo has not invested directly in Wolves.

View attachment 4330

So, so weird that we haven’t scored yet. Literally *all* the data points to us being one of the best performing sides in the division… except the most important one! Surely things will turn around for us if we carry on doing what we’re doing. SURELY?!
Brighton said that a lot last season and still finished 16th I think?

Don't think Brighton were anywhere near as dangerous or missed as many chances in games as we have so far.
Just one game but an example of how they dominated and lost.

Attachments

• DA0F38C5-BA76-487E-ACE2-FC5CBA7F9E58.jpeg
    DA0F38C5-BA76-487E-ACE2-FC5CBA7F9E58.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 24
Brighton’s finishing/luck was a joke at times last season. They created so much and converted so little!

Russell Jones trying to shoeshine the eSports stuff on Twitter.

I've asked what it actually equates to, I suspect I will be waiting a very long time for an answer. Even longer than it will take for Wolves to get even £1 into the club's accounts as a result of this venture.

Back