• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Is it bad finishing or the wrong players on the end of the chances?
For us, Raul, Trincao and Adama have the highest xG. If they're the wrong players to be on the end of chances we're in trouble

For us, Raul, Trincao and Adama have the highest xG. If they're the wrong players to be on the end of chances we're in trouble
I think we are in trouble. Raul doesn’t look right, Trincao is getting up to speed and has so far fluffed two golden opportunities and Traore couldn’t finish a senten.....

Chan may or may not be the answer.

I think we’re going to be very frustrated until December when Raul is back to full speed and Trincao has settled.

Didn't see Leicester, he was sluggish against Spurs imo. Half a yard off with his movement

Missed a pretty clear goal scoring opportunity against Spurs from the Adama cross. First time header and he scores.

Taking the touch wasn’t the bad option but once he did and his touch was terrible the opportunity went. Decent touch and drill it goalwards and it’s probably in either direct or via deflection.

He was Similar to against United. Looks untidy and off balance at the crucial moment, like Dave Edwards always did when striking the ball which inevitably led to scuffs.

I imagine he’s just rusty, so hopefully up to speed quickly

I don't buy the "Raul doesn't look right" stuff.

He was shit against United but he's always had shit games here and there. He was fine vs Leicester and Spurs.
It depends what you mean by 'fine'.
I thought he seemed very reluctant to attack the ball, esp. with his head. His shooting was poor and he kept losing the ball.

I hope it will 'click' with him soon as he is our only fit proper goal scorer.

I don't buy the "Raul doesn't look right" stuff.

He was shit against United but he's always had shit games here and there. He was fine vs Leicester and Spurs.
I agree to a point, nothing particularly out of the ordinary with the his performances so far, he’s had worse games for us. Cardiff away was truly abysmal.

His lack of sharpness was always going to raise doubts though with the type of injury he had…..that he may have lost a certain edge…..Only time will tell, I happen to think he will be fine.

Interview on the athletic with Jeff.

says the targets on the last day weren’t our main ones. Still thinks it’s been a decent window…

Says very impressed with Bruno.

a couple of bits on stadium redevelopment and explaining the esports too.

Buying top players and bidding for Moore?

Stick a fork in this one finally at least:

With their UEFA Financial Fair Play (FFP) monitoring period (for breaching regulations after qualifying for Europe while their huge losses in the Championship still counted over a rolling three-year period) having finished in May, this summer was free of their FFP restrictions and, as Shi states, they were willing to spend money. It’s believed they were prepared to spend £25 million on defender Sven Botman of French champions Lille, for example. Fans, though, shouldn’t expect a return to the ways of 2018 and 2019, when Wolves’ net spend approached a combined £170 million.

Interview on the athletic with Jeff.

says the targets on the last day weren’t our main ones. Still thinks it’s been a decent window…

Says very impressed with Bruno.

a couple of bits on stadium redevelopment and explaining the esports too.
If I read it am I going to scream?

Ho Ho Ho. I've had to go to work and only managed to read half of Tim's article, but I shall be returning later with a DW ripping apart of Shi's comments. The fucking idiot. I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth beforehand, but from what I have read so far, my opinion of him has only got lower - if that was possible. The bloke is full of absolute shite.

Jeff saying 'but Bruno was unsure of two thirds' of their '20 to 30 targets' looks a bit like throwing him under the bus

Jeff saying 'but Bruno was unsure of two thirds' of their '20 to 30 targets' looks a bit like throwing him under the bus
So Bruno was happy with 10 of the 30 but we didn't bother buying 7 or 8 of them...

Back