• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

So he changed his story and altered a recorded telephone call for his evidence.

The judge really wanted to call him a liar in that summary.

An interesting read. The doctored recordings made without permission really damaged his credibility. That is the kernel of why he got costs awarded against him I suspect. Plus the £450k is easy to understand now. In first instance he wasn’t using high street solicitors to initiate the action. He went straight to Mishcon De Reya who are one of the most expensive firms outside the magic circle. To give you a guide to their standing, they represented the Princess of Wales in her divorce proceedings. We are not talking fifty quid an hour here.

Just read it. The whole case was a joke, complete joke. Putting Moutinho as keeper would make much more sense.

Not to me. His recording of phone calls and doctoring them is not the action of a bumbling idiot.

I think the judge got it right when he said Davies had "convinced himself" that he had a case. Probably some stubbornness on his part, mixed in with some terrible legal advice.

A waste of time for all involved, if you ask me.

He's a lying shitheel.

Clearly the advice he was given was absolutely appalling.

I'm astonished Mischon de Reya advised him. They're not generally known for advice this bad.

Mishcon sent the first letters. He changed advisors before court. Probably when they told him he had no realistic chance of success. They are a bloody good firm so they may even have stepped away themselves when he decided to continue against their advice.

Like this bit

"I accept the point made by Dr. Sampson, who appears for Mr. Davies, that if he had really sought deliberately to distort the evidence, he went about it in a very cack-handed and stupid way,"

Going for only a thick fuck would put forward such shit as evidence. The judge agreed the defendant is a thick fuck

Not to me. His recording of phone calls and doctoring them is not the action of a bumbling idiot.

Just to be clear, I mean in terms of persuading him to go for it at all in the first place

The other stuff...yeah he's done himself over there

Was a very nice goal. The memories of that day stick with me well also, was such a good day even if we were total shit in the first half.

Mancienne was utter boak. Thanks Mick for putting someone with the build of a seven year old girl up against Jason Roberts.

Back