• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It's fair to say that the safer bet would be to introduce him to professional football at a lower level though isn't it?

Depends what areas they think he needs to improve in doesn't it? If they think he's short on tactical understanding wouldn't it be better to keep him around higher quality coaching?

I think the change in coaching staff is hugely overlooked with loans tbh. It can be a massive change for a young player to suddenly be hearing different methods and perhaps even goals from coaches.

Preparing the ground for no summer signings already, particularly as no player can be registered before July 1st.

It’s a bit of a silly story. Wolves won’t sign anyone before the window opens is a little less clickbaity but serves the same purpose.

Saying that it could well be preparing the ground for another shit summer of non-investment.

I know we are likely to be twats in the summer but that story just reads as someone has just worked out how profit and sustainability operates.
More a "look mum, I have done my homework" piece than a factual article

(IMO)

Just looked it up, since 2018 the players we have bought before 1 July (except for converting loans to permanent deals which would have been all pre-arranged) are:

Rui Patricio (18 Jun 2018)
Hong Wan (23 May 2019)
Raphael Nya (28 Jun 2019)
Yerson Mosquera (17 Jun 2021)

So hardly any, and Rui was a bit of a special case due to all the Eastenders drama at Sporting at the time.

Non-story. Lots of clubs who are in a similar position and most of the action takes place well into July.

He's obviously got talent, but needs some time. I wouldn't mind seeing him given the odd 10 minute run out towards the end of the season just to give him a taster of what the PL is like. Unlikely to happen though.

Back