• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Not even that one I'm on about!

It's this shithole.

411154bf-0fa1-4407-add8-77702200320b.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

Like a League Two ground.
The first time I went to the City Ground was when we won there in 2017. Based only on what I’d seen on the TV I’d imagined it was a pretty smart stadium. It was only when I found myself in the stand I’d been looking at all those years (which turned out to be horrible anyway) that I realised the cameras are craftily placed on that complete wreck. A rum grothole indeed.

The fact it’s better than other grounds doesn’t excuse the fact that we are failing to spend on even the most basic maintenance. They can’t even paint the bollards outside the main entrance to the BW ffs. Clubs being run as tight as possible which has fuck all to do with FFP and everything to do with Fosun

Sorry we can't afford that new player, we've spent the budget painting the roof of the South Bank that not many people can see.

Have you seen the repaint of the Neil Sedaka statue? That's more embarrassing.
Did I mention that to you on a certain Facebook page yesterday?
I’ve always thought it looked more Sedaka than Hayward, mentioned it on two Facebook pages yesterday, and here you are calling it that, it’s just weird

The fact it’s better than other grounds doesn’t excuse the fact that we are failing to spend on even the most basic maintenance. They can’t even paint the bollards outside the main entrance to the BW ffs. Clubs being run as tight as possible which has fuck all to do with FFP and everything to do with Fosun
Not excusing any of it, just it's silly to overstate how bad the Steve Bull is (it's pretty rubbish without needing to exaggerate things).

Like as President of the Kilman Haters Club you might say he isn't that much better than Christophe Berra was and that would be a fair point. If you said he was like Eric Young or Simon Coleman you'd clearly be being daft.

When I sat in North Bank one time I felt like I was in VIP compared to Steve Bull. I had a piss without queueing and without having 2 other blokes practically pissing on me, great stuff 😂. I *might* still have a STH if we could have all swapped to there. Moot now, just an armchair fan.

Not excusing any of it, just it's silly to overstate how bad the Steve Bull is (it's pretty rubbish without needing to exaggerate things).

Like as President of the Kilman Haters Club you might say he isn't that much better than Christophe Berra was and that would be a fair point. If you said he was like Eric Young or Simon Coleman you'd clearly be being daft.
I quite liked Eric Young. Only because of the head band mind.

When I sat in North Bank one time I felt like I was in VIP compared to Steve Bull. I had a piss without queueing and without having 2 other blokes practically pissing on me, great stuff 😂. I *might* still have a STH if we could have all swapped to there. Moot now, just an armchair fan.
I’m actually in the North Bank this week, only because I forgot to buy my seats, I’m quite looking forward tie experiencing this luxury I keep hearing about.

I hate the Steve Bull stand now. It really is an example of how not to accommodate thousands of people. I don't understand why they don't open onto gates at half time to let people spill put onto the concourse to alleviate the crowding. They could put up some temporary fencing during the first half, take it down in the second.

What’s happened to the Molineux Quarter plans?

I’d imagine fosun would be hoping that they get some funding to improve the stadium out of that kitty.

Pie in the sky nonsense.

We can't afford to knock down the Steve Bull and lose most/all of that capacity for two seasons, so it won't happen. This even assuming the owners wanted to spend a lot of money on the club, which they don't.

Wasn’t the plan to re profile the lower tier over a summer & expand the stadium without demolition of the Steve Bull stand?

Will presume their attempts to get outside investment is to cover all/part of the Stadium redevelopment.
They/Jeff will see the money that can be made from improving the stadium from outside of football.....if done properly.

Already said they won't fund it directly and they don't like the interest rates on the loans.

I can invest 10 pots of yellow/orange/gold paint.

Back