• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Daws put for the season.

Given his age and even pre-injury mobility that could be it for him at the top level
We'd need to sign a couple of CBs for him not to be a first team squad player next season.

On that basis I'd be surprised if we don't see him in a Wolves shirt again.

I feel we've really missed him.

Not sure how accurate this is and it doesn't affect FFP directly. It sure as hell does cashflow and priorities though. I have no idea what an eSports stadium is or why it would cost that much.

Sounds like an indoor arena, Becketwell in Derby is about £30m construction cost (albeit bigger capacity) but factoring in land and fees would be more expensive than that quote.

We will get more money into Wolves on the ROI from the £34m it costs build the Geek Arena than we will ever see when we finally get rid of £35m Fabio...

Nope. Doesn't stop bellends saying that esports revenue will buy us footballers in a few years and that Jeff is a genius.

The only link is the wwfc the dork thing are both owned by the Fosun entity. Oh and that they're allowed to use our name and logo for free.

The most dominant team/brand (Faze) has recently had millions drop off their share and value and ended up being purchased for about £17million, having previously been valued around 700-900m at various points, whilst some of that was self inflicted, it's still not a great trend.

The Wolves Esports team seem to focus on the types of games that don't appeal to the majority of gamers or football fans too. The China based teams play a lot of mobile type games, it's terrible spectacle.

I watched some of the FIFA Eprem the other week as it was on TNT (and it's relevant to my job) but agree with you, they play it such a broken exploitative way. First person shooters are more interesting to me to watch.

Hmm, nice - our company has a JV in Chonqing, should be going there later this year. I’ll post photos as I know you’ll all be desperate to see it.

An e-sports... stadium? The fuck is that.

Not sure how much money there is in watching that 'live', 2k people aren't crowding around a computer or phone. Surely it will be on a big screen anyway which you can easily see from your TV feed at home. One of those interests which makes me feel very old, don't understand what appeals at all.

I watched some of the FIFA Eprem the other week as it was on TNT (and it's relevant to my job) but agree with you, they play it such a broken exploitative way. First person shooters are more interesting to me to watch.
A quick look on Google tells me they've won just over $5m.

Certainly a bit strange to sink nearly $40m into a stadium on the strength of that but as long as it doesn't impact us I don't care.

My kids watch people playing Minecraft and I think that's mad but there are huge crowds for these things so what do I know 🤷

A quick look on Google tells me they've won just over $5m.

Certainly a bit strange to sink nearly $40m into a stadium on the strength of that
if the Chinese Government likes e-sports and want investment or money from it put in to their economy then Fosun will agree to it (as in no choice but to do it or Guo goes off on a private holiday again)

Last edited:
It's just not much of a spectacle whatever game it is. I've been playing FIFA for 30 years now. I would never ever sit down to watch a stream of two nerdlingers I don't know playing each other, why the fuck would I do that.
I agree.

However there is a market for it with the yoof.

The lazy devils seem to enjoy watching other people play games, more than playing theirselves.

Back