• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Gillingham (H, LC) 20/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have one player who moves off the ball unselfishly (Costa). We also lack anyone who is able to unlock a packed defence, Podence is the closest we've got but he's all fart and no poo.
Actually thought Costa movement and link up play has been pretty good. Which is a positive. I get it’s not prem opposition, but still a positive

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Actually thought Costa movement and link up play has been pretty good. Which is a positive. I get it’s not prem opposition, but still a positive

His movement is good. He's often making runs knowing the ball isn't going to come but it opens up space for someone else, unfortunately the rest of them just stand there because they are too thick to see what's happening.

Our left back has looked the most likely to unlock an opening. Something isn`t right.

His only output is failed backheels. You thought he’d have learnt by now.
I don't think that's true, there's been some good one touch stuff, albeit against our opposition but the movement is good.

He's also had our best shot on target (low bar I know).

We've played at a much better tempo and with better movement beyond the ball than we have at all this season.

The press had been good too.

Bueno has been a positive as has Moutinho.

We're a bit Spain WC.

His movement is good. He's often making runs knowing the ball isn't going to come but it opens up space for someone else, unfortunately the rest of them just stand there because they are too thick to see what's happening.
Couple of times he’s made good runs and no one’s picked him out.

I genuinely think he can still offer something. He’s not who I’d be wanting as my starting forward every week, but no issue as a squad player.

You extra 4 weeks training likely done him the world of good

Anyone know who the commentator is? He’s up on his Wolves knowledge. Doing a good job.

We’re going out on penalties aren’t we?

Sounds like I made the right choice in doing a Madeley for this one.

I think we all knew we had issues, but having one shot on target after an hour against the side bottom of league 2 is next level.

We haven’t been awful but equally we continue to be totally clueless when around the opposing box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back