• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Goal of the month 2016/17

I think Bod's at Rotherham was a better instinctive strike from a narrow angle. Mason's was a much more aesthetic technical goal to curl it into the far corner.

For me Bod's just sneaks it.

I'm a big fan of the Mason tap in from the counter attack.

But Mason vs Blues and Jon Dadi vs Rotherham are also great strikes.

Mason against Crawley for me.

Love Bod's finish against Rotheram. An almost Bully-esque instinctive "see the goal and leather it" kind of finish. Got to be that one for me, with Mason v Brum a close second.

For pure aesthetics, Mason's against Blues;
For the "flashback to Bully" goal, Bod's against Rotherham;
But the most complete goal I think was the Mason's against Crawley: the ball was headed off the line by Coady, Tex backheels to Docherty(?) who heads on to Price who, stretching on the run, still manages a great pass forward to Tex, who'd carried on running after his backheel (not stopping to admire his handywork); he slips Wallace in at speed, who manages to outmuscle the defender into the box; shoots, beats the goalkeeper, hits the post and Mason, following up nets the rebound. A great counter-attacking team goal.

You put forward a very convincing argument PKG. Although it was, in part, down to how poor the opposition were that we were able to play our way upfield so easily. But yeah, great team goal on the break.

Mason vs Blues for me. It was a great response and showed our intent in that second half.

Mason v Blues - by some distance for me. Exquisite finish. And it was against that shower of shit so gets a bonus point.

Bod's v Rotherham in 3rd behind Mason's v Crawley - that was a very very speedy counter attack. Love those.

Mason vs Blues - an absolutely cracking strike

I love the Mason goal against Crawley - turning defence into attack in such a clinical fashion, from a goal line clearance to a back heel on the edge of our own area by Teixeira (Mick McCarthy's worst nightmare) to a great bit of vision by Price and a cracking run and shot which deserved a goal in itself and then the players following up into the box to get on the rebound. Cracking team goal which, had the finish been cleaner and had the game been a league fixture, would surely have featured as one of the Championship goals of the month. It's that fluidity, speed of thought and clinical execution that I can't wait to see more of from this team this season.

Joe Mason v Blues has won it with 73% of the votes.

Just wish that Teixeira shot had gone in vs Reading. Would've been goal of the decade never mind month.

Well-deserved for Mason. Not quite the player that made me cringe with his selection last January.

Just wish that Teixeira shot had gone in vs Reading. Would've been goal of the decade never mind month.

That touch. Delicious. I never tire of watching it.

I know Teixera hit the post against Hudds but his shooting has been a bit wayward! Hopefully just a few sighters and he's got a Guedioura 1 in 50 up his sleeve

Back