• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

In exciting hot weather news there's an old-ish woman in a swimming cossie circling our estate on a mobility scooter - madge style. Very disturbing and really not sure what she's trying to achieve

She’s showing motability scooters can still function in 35 degrees so why not the railways and young people haven’t got any backbone.

Dominic Raab would be proud.

Fun wearing a mask today. At least it's not a massive furry hat...

Fun wearing a mask today. At least it's not a massive furry hat...

She's not at it again is she?

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd9673338-8b4d-11ec-8600-c48a9935f856.jpg

I meant more the infrastructure - heat buckling of the tracks etc. Can’t imagine the rail service in India (insert any one of a number of countries here) falls apart in the mid/high thirties +, but dunno, maybe it does?

Anyway, now 36 and gone up 3 degrees in just over an hour.

It is hot. And sticky. Past my enjoyable threshold now for sure.

Edit: Thanks Leeds for explaining, makes sense 👍

It's the variance of temperature that causes the issues, in India it's going to be hotter a lot more often so the track is laid in it's already warm, expanded state.

Over here if it was laid in a winter there just wouldn't be enough scope in the expansion joints to allow for the level of change this sort of weather is going to bring about.

Really? It was the same 13 minutes ago.

If it’s 36.4 in jersey, have you thought about taking it off? Maybe wear a T shirt or something

Manchester around 34 and Edinburgh 30. Bloody hell, really stretching north this one. Must be within touching distance of the records there too.

Well I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Air conditioned office and I've been stuck in it since 8am and am here until 5.30pm when the sun will have gone behind the trees at the back of our garden. Hopefully the better half has kept the curtains closed and fans on all day so we can at least sleep later.

Must admit, it was very hot in town (South Oxfordshire) walking around for half an hour on lunch earlier (currently says 36). Wouldn't want to be spending much time in it unless I had a cold pool to jump in to every so often.

Most of the day been more comfortable than expected in a site office but aircon has been slowly losing the battle as the temperature has climbed and now it's getting pretty bleak. Don't anticipate it being any more comfortable when I get home, thankfully Monday night is shopping night so some supermarket aircon respite awaits. Trying to get to sleep later will be a chore.

We did the whole close curtains, doors and windows etc and its worked pretty well.
I suggested it at work and was told it was ‘bullshit’.

It worked well at home over the weekend. My wife did it again today as she was off and it was very noticeably cooler walking in the house than it was outside (after I’d cycled home!)

Must admit, been thinking about my ex work colleagues today. Half of the workshops have a/c but some including where I worked have none, in fact the processes produce heat plus chemical fumes, it'll be hot, humidity and stinky.

Have been happy to not be working in Halfords Wolverhampton today, that was basically a big metal shed with no aircon,even with the doors open there was no airflow, the bike workshop was upstairs even closer to the metal roof, it got really warm in there on a reasonable day

Back