• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Greatest World Test Cricket XI (1978 to 2020)

Spinner next...

World XI so far....

1. M Hayden
2. G. Smith
3. V. Richards
4. B Lara
5. S.Tendulkar
6. J Kallis
7. A Gilchrist

Warne
Muralitharan*
Qadir

*I'm with Darrell Hair, but as he wasn't banned I have to include him

How’s everyone getting on with their pace bowlers list. I think I’m down to nine to choose from.

Top 4 are fairly easy for me. The 5th could be any of about 10

How’s everyone getting on with their pace bowlers list. I think I’m down to nine to choose from.

Struggling horribly. I have a three as I said earlier in the thread but rest of the positions are a total bunfight. And that is without Lillee and Thomson who are really a tiny bit early. I have Lee, McDermott, Steyn, Donald, Pollock, Akram, Younis, Akhtar, Ambrose, Walsh, Patterson, Bishop, Holding, Roberts and so on to still deal with. And that is without putting England quicks in, where we have had some damn fine talent lately.

Yes sorry, realised straight after I posted and amended, but you got there first [emoji3]

I can't leave Malcolm Marshall out. His brother runs the West Indies club shop at Bridgetown right by the ground. Such a lovely bloke and so I could never leave him from the order. All three of my kids got West Indies shirts with Marshall on the back that day and the man was utterly delighted and proud that a tourist remembered the great bowler so much. It touched me and it meant a lot to him. If Marshall wasn't my number one I would have let him down.

Yes, he'll be my number one as well. I told my Jim'll Fix It story on the other thread

Spinners result (the only contest here was for third!)

Warne 30
Muralitharan 20
Kumble 5
Qadir 4
Swann 1

Back