• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How Zenga is turning Wolves around

Well, we haven't played anyone decent yet. I still don't think Huddersfield will finish in the top half despite their good start, when we actually started playing last week we battered them but just couldn't score.

I don't mind rotation as a concept but at some point there needs to be some consistency of selection. We haven't picked the same midfield from one game to another yet and he keeps changing the defence out of nowhere too. There'll also be discontent if in a month's time we're still giving legacy players (who we know aren't good enough) serious game time while new signings sit on the bench.

I'm highly encouraged by how Walter has started, he has a good philosophy regarding how he wants us to play and he's an extremely likeable, engaging character but there's a long way to go yet.

Agree with the above comments - hopefully the lack of starts for the new signings & reliance on the legacy players is due to these first few games effectively being the pre season for some of them.

He will have had 2 weeks over the Int break to reflect on his start in a period which is less frenetic & we should see a more settled team appearing afterwards, though he does seem to look at the opposition & tailor his side to play against the specific threats he sees and we do now have sufficient depth to allow him to do that without detriment to the quality unlike last season.

Would give him a B+ at this point - a good start but improvement is still possible

Agree with the above comments - hopefully the lack of starts for the new signings & reliance on the legacy players is due to these first few games effectively being the pre season for some of them.

That has certainly been the noises coming from Walter. On the eve of the season he said only Bod was ready to go. Certainly Costa and Tex had no proper pre-season

I just hope he doesn't see our good start and think that the old players are still good enough and he can introduce the new lads more slowly. If he does he'll get a shock once we play someone decent.

I just hope he doesn't see our good start and think that the old players are still good enough and he can introduce the new lads more slowly. If he does he'll get a shock once we play someone decent.

Then that will be another game he 'learns' rather than wins - hopefully he learns quickly

I am impressed by his passion and desire. Tactically he has got it wrong a couple of times but quickly showed he is not afraid to make early substitutions to change it. I don't go with the we haven't plkayed anyone of note yet. You can only beat who you have in front of you.Huddersfield have done us barnsley a poiint at villa and the win at the toon already I think?

He needs some time. We as fans need a bit of patience. So much has happened so quickly. It has been exciting. If he and the team continue this he could quickly become a legend. His passion in infectious. I really hope he succeeds for us, the club and him.

Saiss and Cav haven't come to sit on the bench I expect to see them blooded early. By all accounts Princes early nerves seemed to clear up against Huddersfield so he should be ready now. I think Zenga has had enough time to assess the squad now and the old guard have had plenty of chances to prove their worth with limited success.

As for Zenga himself I think he has been quite smart so far and showed some characteristics we have desperately missed from the likes of full mental Jackett.

The real test is yet to come as others have said we haven't really played a "top" side yet and I agree with DW Huddersfield won't be in the mix come the end of the season.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Huddersfield were quality on Saturday. In no way did we 'batter' them in the second half the way they battered us in the first. Unlucky to score, yes, but the last 15 minutes was as comfortable as you get for a team seeing out an easy win.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play offs at the end of season.

I think they will finish 7th or 8th. Wagner has built a bloody good side up there and he will go far as a manager.

Depends if they burn out or not. I'd be very surprised if they can play that pressing game all season.

Agree, successive Managers have continued to pick the likes of Edwards and Docherty, if this is truly a new revolution I would expect the majority of the window recruits making up the first team soon.

And that is why the international break has arrived at the PERFECT time for us as a team. I fully expect all the newbies involved against Burton.

Thank you. So at least Walter will have most of the squad together. I wouldn't be surprised if a behind closed doors friendly is arranged.

There are too many signings who are quality to not take over from the old guard. Championship not as simple as getting battered by someone decent, we outplayed Blues yet they beat one of the favourites for the league 3-0 the week after. We could quite easily take a beating with the new signings.

If Walt keeps playing the likes of Edwards, Saville and Evans over the new lads, then he deserves the bullet.

Besides, it's never gonna happen.

Walt can keep playing them if we win games....

Back