• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga

who said anything about how much sleep he gets ? although sleeping on a plane is not like your own bed !
i was suggesting that the travelling, seeing his family for a short time, and then jetting back to wolverhampton again ,cannot help the situation

I think that's a fair assumption to make, personally. Same as when Leigh Griffiths was off up to Scotland at every opportunity - and we all know how that one worked out.

I think that's a fair assumption to make, personally. Same as when Leigh Griffiths was off up to Scotland at every opportunity - and we all know how that one worked out.

Griffiths was fine on the pitch until Celtic tapped him up in the December, then he wanted to be in Glasgow and nowhere else. Unless Al-Ahli make a move for Walter, I don't think making his 4th small trip home since August is going to make much difference.

Why waste 2 more months, this guy is not the answer! his record is below average,how did he get the job in the first place ?
all this travelling back and forth (even 1st class) to UAE will take its toll on his decision making.
I also think we may have signed to many foreign players to quickly, when these players perform ,they are a joy to watch,
but this is the championship, sometimes you just have to dig in and do the basic stuff right.
Clement or Rowett if we go brit. or Silvo

I can't bear this foreign line been trotted out, not when in the last five games it was the mecurial Doherty on Saturday, Batth vs Norwich and Wigan and Iorfa having a stinker at Villa.

Griffiths was fine on the pitch until Celtic tapped him up in the December, then he wanted to be in Glasgow and nowhere else. Unless Al-Ahli make a move for Walter, I don't think making his 4th small trip home since August is going to make much difference.

Didn't he neglect his agreement to train with Hibs whilst he was up there too? Yet still managed to make a largely positive contribution on the pitch that season.

Didn't he neglect his agreement to train with Hibs whilst he was up there too? Yet still managed to make a largely positive contribution on the pitch that season.

There was certainly some issues but on the pitch it made no difference at all in terms of his goal return.

As much as our form is worrying, it would be disgraceful if Zenga wasnt given until December to turn it round. Fosun picked him, they have to take responsibility for that and give him a sporting chance.

Normally I would totally agree with you, but sadly Zenga just does not seem to have any kind of plan. Constant changes of personnel and positions aren't helping. And currently we are just above the relegation zone. FOSUN have not paid all that money to see us back in league one. I think a change needs making very quickly, otherwise for all the talent we have on the pitch, I can see it being a long, hard season.

The fact that Zenga's family live in Dubai was known to Fosun. Presumably he told them that he would like to see his family occasionally.

The Dubai situation would have been discussed during negotiations, I've never normally been one for knee jerk hire and fire mentality but all that changed when Fosun took over and promised Premier League football whatever it takes.
Lose on Saturday and he has to be replaced.

The Dubai situation would have been discussed during negotiations, I've never normally been one for knee jerk hire and fire mentality but all that changed when Fosun took over and promised Premier League football whatever it takes.
Lose on Saturday and he has to be replaced.

I cannot recall the last time I called for a manager to be replaced, (well not since the dark days) but I think you are right Trev. Lose at Blackburn and Zenga will have to go.

I cannot recall the last time I called for a manager to be replaced, (well not since the dark days) but I think you are right Trev. Lose at Blackburn and Zenga will have to go.

You come across, in your posts, as a very decent utterly forgiving man - The Fosun regime seems able to sway the apparent most sane person on here. IMO most people are going along with what is expected to happen with the patience wearing thinner personally each loss (none win)

You come across, in your posts, as a very decent utterly forgiving man - The Fosun regime seems able to sway the apparent most sane person on here. IMO most people are going along with what is expected to happen with the patience wearing thinner personally each loss (none win)

To be honest I think most of us are taking everything that was said after the takeover and pre Zenga at face value.
It didn't seem to take long to work out that Jackett wasn't going to deliver what they wanted, I can't believe they've seen much so far that Zenga is going to.

If Zenga is still travelling to and from Dubai every week rather than finding a nice place to rent locally, sends a message to me that he dosen't think he has a longterm future here.

Really surprised at people who think that he isn't very, very likely to be gone soon. I can understand people thinking that he might have made it to the end of the season, just about, but the guy was never, *ever* anything other than a stopgap.

Fosun will have spent a substantial amount of time identifying and approaching their preferred managerial candidate - Lopetegui - and they've no doubt got a number of other potential candidates being vetted as we speak. Zenga was always just someone out of work who Mendes could vouch for, and who would be easy to dispose of if he proved (as his record indicated) that he was basically another (non-fascist, thank god) di Canio, all heart and no head. Bet you anything we'd be in exactly the same situation if Jackett was still here, too; just a caretaker until someone more serious for their ambition was brought in.

I like the guy but I never expected him to still be in the dugout by February, let alone May. His time's up, tbh.

Really surprised at people who think that he isn't very, very likely to be gone soon. I can understand people thinking that he might have made it to the end of the season, just about, but the guy was never, *ever* anything other than a stopgap.

Fosun will have spent a substantial amount of time identifying and approaching their preferred managerial candidate - Lopetegui - and they've no doubt got a number of other potential candidates being vetted as we speak. Zenga was always just someone out of work who Mendes could vouch for, and who would be easy to dispose of if he proved (as his record indicated) that he was basically another (non-fascist, thank god) di Canio, all heart and no head. Bet you anything we'd be in exactly the same situation if Jackett was still here, too; just a caretaker until someone more serious for their ambition was brought in.

I like the guy but I never expected him to still be in the dugout by February, let alone May. His time's up, tbh.

God I hate your post. Not in a bad way! Only because it is so fucking true

For me, it all depends if the right replacement is available - if they can get the ex olympiacos coach then great - but there's no point sacking zenga and appointing someone similar for the short term, who then has to get to know the players and club. Get the right man, and if you can't, hold fire til you can.

For me, it all depends if the right replacement is available - if they can get the ex olympiacos coach then great - but there's no point sacking zenga and appointing someone similar for the short term, who then has to get to know the players and club. Get the right man, and if you can't, hold fire til you can.

Spot on.

Yep, impossible to disagree with that. They should absolutely be looking though.

Well 88% voted top ten finish or higher in the poll. no wonder you all want zenga gone :)

If Zenga is still travelling to and from Dubai every week rather than finding a nice place to rent locally, sends a message to me that he dosen't think he has a longterm future here.
He was still at The Mount last month with a few of the new players.

Back