• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga

Yeah...Saiss needs a break after 4 games. Lee Evans is injured..until recently our team was rotated like mad. Great piece that.

where's the author of this been since August, on the bloody moon FFS?

Harry Jones have you been on the moon since August?

WTF is that blog about? We've done nothing BUT rotate and what we really need is a settled XI

I'm surprised there's no mention of why isn't Williamson starting provided other injured players are also been touted for a start.

It's the problem with websites like this, it gives some right fucking goons a platform to talk about things they've no idea about.

Interview with Zenga on Football Focus very soon

I'm surprised there's no mention of why isn't Williamson starting provided other injured players are also been touted for a start.

It's the problem with websites like this, it gives some right fucking goons a platform to talk about things they've no idea about.
Indeed remember Wolvescentral ;-)

A simple question regarding Wenga. Have we landed ourselves with another Solbakken?

He doesn't have anything like Solbakken's track record.

I don't think it's a case of not understanding English football or trying to impose a style on a squad/division that isn't suited to his methods (as were Solbakken's twin flaws while here), his tactical method is pretty basic. He just isn't an especially good manager. There's only so many times we can start games badly and have to chase a result before it gets tiresome.

He's an engaging personality but the way he speaks doesn't have a lot of substance, I've no idea how much he can rely on being passionate in order to get results. We don't look especially solid - although this is arguably a recruitment failure, we should have done more to improve our back four in the summer - and we don't have any particular identity as a team.

Given the squad we have, our points haul since we beat Blues is unacceptable.

No. Solbakken spunked millions to be shit. Zenga hasn't spent anything as the board have sanctioned the deal.

The evidence does point towards him being a bit of a pup though.

He needs wins and he needs them now or he will be gone.

A simple question regarding Wenga. Have we landed ourselves with another Solbakken?

A simple answer is no. He does however need to start playing to the strengths of the squad rather than a system that suits him and stop shoe horning players into the wrong positions. That never ends well

I genuinely like the bloke and desperately want him to succeed, but he needs to start getting points on the board. I reckon if we are still in the bottom half come Christmas, he's gone.

I genuinely like the bloke and desperately want him to succeed, but he needs to start getting points on the board. I reckon if we are still in the bottom half come Christmas, he's gone.

True DAT. They won't let him spend without points on the board. He needs 35 by Xmas minimum. That's 19 from 12. Doable Walter

October

Sat 22nd - Leeds (H)
Sat 29th - Blackburn (A)

November

Sat 5th - Derby (H)
Sat 19th - Preston (A)
Sat 26th - Sheff Wed (H)

December

Thu 1st - QPR (A)
Sat 10th - Fulham (H)
Tue 13th - Cardiff (A)
Sat 17th - Nottm Forest (A)

That isn't the worst run of fixtures between now and Christmas. There is scope to be picking up plenty of points there, only really Sheff Wed would concern me, we should be targeting wins in all of the rest (we won't win them all, but we have to approach them with the mindset of being strongish favourites). The clock's ticking though. We need to start getting results now, no excuses.

October

Sat 22nd - Leeds (H)
Sat 29th - Blackburn (A)

November

Sat 5th - Derby (H)
Sat 19th - Preston (A)
Sat 26th - Sheff Wed (H)

December

Thu 1st - QPR (A)
Sat 10th - Fulham (H)
Tue 13th - Cardiff (A)
Sat 17th - Nottm Forest (A)

That isn't the worst run of fixtures between now and Christmas. There is scope to be picking up plenty of points there, only really Sheff Wed would concern me, we should be targeting wins in all of the rest (we won't win them all, but we have to approach them with the mindset of being strongish favourites). The clock's ticking though. We need to start getting results now, no excuses.

I reckon less than 15 points out of those fixtures and he's on his way.

I think unless he wins the first two he won't get the chance to find out personally.

Back