• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How Zenga is turning Wolves around

'Fellow strugglers'. We're five points off the play-offs after ten games with a quickly-cobbled-together squad that for the most part didn't have any meaningful pre-season.

'Fellow strugglers'. We're five points off the play-offs after ten games with a quickly-cobbled-together squad that for the most part didn't have any meaningful pre-season.

And the dross we we had before,that nobody is going to want to buy

I just came across this thread whilst looking for something else and had a read through. Interesting and depressing to see what we were saying early in the season about the folly of playing the 'old guard' and the optimism that the new guys would be eased into the side and we would gradually see the last of Edwards, Batth, Doherty and co.

No way could we have predicted the shit that was to come.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but seems relevant in respect of where we find ourselves now

I want Solbakken back but we know how that discussion goes.

I think we're best leaving this topic alone at least until Zenga's impact on our situation is less immediate.

Solbakken is not coming here again, for starters he would have too much pressure to deliver straight away..

I didn't say it was realistic tbf

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well, we haven't played anyone decent yet. I still don't think Huddersfield will finish in the top half despite their good start, when we actually started playing last week we battered them but just couldn't score.

I don't mind rotation as a concept but at some point there needs to be some consistency of selection. We haven't picked the same midfield from one game to another yet and he keeps changing the defence out of nowhere too. There'll also be discontent if in a month's time we're still giving legacy players (who we know aren't good enough) serious game time while new signings sit on the bench.

I'm highly encouraged by how Walter has started, he has a good philosophy regarding how he wants us to play and he's an extremely likeable, engaging character but there's a long way to go yet.

Haven't been below eighth all season hahahahaha

Give him his due, Huddersfield have had a great season, way better than I thought they would and based on their personnel should have had. Clearly a very good manager although I'm team Gary when it comes to the body check

Back