• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 2 v Wolves 2. A satisfactory result (given the performance) verdict thread

His positioning was awful. Looks like he started to come for the ball over the top then realised it was way too far away to get to it. All his fault I'm afraid. He might not have stopped the goal with a better starting position but he'd at least have had a chance.

Not that the other two in the box's defending wasn't crap either because it was.

I think we have bigger issues than Edwards.

I doubt that.

If Wolves were to start playing through the thirds we could witness some vibrant attacking entertaining football which uses the abilities of each individual to best effect.

Continue with Edwards and its more likely we continue to stagnate and finish as also rans.

4 shots on target according to BBC and if we scored with 2 shots you would expect 2 on target minimum?

yes for some reason my BBC had not refreshed. Still 4 attempts and 2 on target is still not enough IMO. Great that we got 2 out of 2. Leicester had 18 attempts and 7 on target yesterday. That is my point. Lucky point that I am happy to take

I will now shut up! BBC showing 12 attempts and 4 on target now! WTF? Is there a statto goblin working through the night on this and changing things or what? Sorry guys I take it back. We obviously did create enough to take a point

I was just reading KJ's comments after the game on the Wolves site..... I had to stop reading, he said...........

“We had some good spells and going to a second forward certainly helped us and we should possibly have done that sooner.
“It became very open at the end and we might even have got a winner out of it.

“Le Fondre is a good player and he worked well with Afobe when he came on.
Benik played well today and was a handful but it was difficult to get him the chances until Le Fondre came on.

Is this guy nuts?... how can he say after the game that his late changes made things totally better, and he should have done it earlier?

Just who is he training every day, Mother superiors private army???

FFS, knowing what he should have done after the game, means i should get his wages, or DW, or Frank, or ........FFS or anyone!!!

Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/kenny-quality-and-character-2811765.aspx#eb7W0Cvr3HBrAMeX.99

Well losing to MK is a sackable offence. We will win by default and it will buy him more time and we will continue to plod along. He's not the long term solution though.

I can't believe that no one is getting pissed off about KJ's latest comments after the game, on the official Wolves site tonight.

He is saying that the changes made late on , made all the difference and was how we should have been playing from the start of the game.... and then he says WE should have done it earlier!!!!

Who the hell is WE!!!!

Is that me in the Taverna?, Wolfie and Parkin following the match?, Paddy, Kenny, Darlo or DW in the pub...........................?????

The only we is the royal Molineux WE ( in terms of team selection and playing style) or rather his majesty KJ, If that's what he knows he should have done after the game, what the fuck are we paying him to do before the game.

This is not a KJ out rant, this is a what the fuck is he talking about rant.

One thing yesterday shows is just how poor the recruitment has been. Coady and Byrne - £3m on the bench. Three loan players on the bench - one starts. Wallace doesn't make the squad. To say that "we will only bring in players better than those we have" looks ridiculous now. Punts is right: there's simply no way that Jackett is the long term solution. And no, I'm not exempting Thelwell from blame by any means.

Our recruitment since we got back to the Championshiop has been poor. It needs reviewing. Is Afobe the only signing who has come in and genuinely improved the first team?

Rowe - Broken from the start and shite
Saville - Shite
van la Parra - started well but shite

Loans - UGH

Afobe - ZING

Coady - started well but just looks a bit pointless now. Walking red card
Byrne - has potential but Jackett obviously not ready to give an extended run
Wallace - Extremely unlucky as missed pre-season, he needs a run of games behind striker but obviously isn't going to get it at this point.
LOANS - Martinez yes but has made mistakes, ALF I rate but not permanent fixture, Ojo hit and miss.

Our recruitment since we got back to the Championshiop has been poor.

That's the understatement of the day. It's been truly abysmal. Jackett has shown he can't buy players at this level and Thelwell has been shown up for the youth team recruiter he is.

How the CEO can't see this I don't know and is a poor reflection on all 3 of them. Thelwell should be demoted, never to recruit for the first team or backroom staff again - or leave and Javkett needs to be bought players rather than having the final say ashejust can't do it. If he doesn't like it he should leave too.

There was over £4m worth of players not playing for Wolves yesterday. That's shocking when the transfer budget is so small.

The weekly wages on our bench would be more than some championship teams first elevens.

Its dilemma time. Stick or twist. Jackett may be playing it a bit canny given the ownership situation. Sauy what you like he isnt stupid. I dont like a lot of his decisions so far this season but given he knows and we know the transfer budget is three fifths of fuck all come january what is he going to do?

I loved this from Youngwolf
Our recruitment since we got back to the Championshiop has been poor. It needs reviewing. Is Afobe the only signing who has come in and genuinely improved the first team?

Rowe - Broken from the start and $#@!e
Saville - $#@!e
van la Parra - started well but $#@!e

Loans - UGH

Afobe - ZING

Wallace - Extremely unlucky as missed pre-season, he needs a run of games behind striker but obviously isn't going to get it at this point.
LOANS - Martinez yes but has made mistakes, ALF I rate but not permanent fixture, Ojo hit and miss.

This is the problem it was identified as a problem and has been an ongoing problem for a number of years. A lot of our signings have been shockers even back to premier days. The trouble is nowadays so much shite costs so much money its difficult to find a bargain capable of improving the side and still willing to come on our wage structure.

Lordknows
The weekly wages on our bench would be more than some championship teams first elevens.
Is this true? The figures I have seen banded around about our wage structure and what we are willing to pay dont support this.We are , I thought a distinctly average payer in championship terms with about half the sides paying more . see here http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/146216-championship-club-club

Add to that 18 clubs have LESS turnover than us and I think we look a bit tight and stingy to be honest.

Thanks for that insider.com article.

Wolves one of only four clubs in the Championship who made a profit last year. In any other business, that sort of spread across competitors in a sector would be seen as unsustainable.

Rowe - Broken from the start and $#@!e
Saville - $#@!e
van la Parra - started well but $#@!e

Loans - UGH

Afobe - ZING

Afobe - one ZING in more than ten goes. Reminds me of the old Chinese proverb: "Even a blind man will hit double top occasionally."

Or 7 goals in 17 league games, which if extrapolated would be a 20 goal season.

Looks fairly obviously on about how good a signing they have been to me.

Back