• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 2 v Wolves 2. A satisfactory result (given the performance) verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
A not bad (though not great either) result.

We are a capable team though with weaknesses & an occasionally static defence which has cost us today.

Sounded as if Price played well & much of what was good came through him.

Good away point. I'll take that, considering our recent run. Well done!

I'd have taken a draw before kick off so I'm ok with the result. Good to see some character shown and getting a result despite going behind twice.

Pleased to see Graham get some game time, sounds like he did well.

I'll take a draw today especially after trailing twice. At least there's still some fight there. Please stop leaving Alfie on the bench and whatever it is that's wrong with Ikeme (four starts, at fault for four goals) get it sorted or sign someone else while Emi is injured.

Thats not a bad result although sounds like another inconsistant performance, pleased Price played well, he's not perfect by any means but appears to be our midfield lynchpin....hope KJ realizes that now, with a decent run in the team could get even better.

1 shot on target! 1.

Yes I will take a point but 1 shot on target will not get us anywhere in any league at any time. And that came when Le Fondre was on. The lack of creativity is alarming to quote JD1981 . Ikeme is so off the boil its untrue. Price again did well

1 shot on target! 1.

Yes I will take a point but 1 shot on target will not get us anywhere in any league at any time. And that came when Le Fondre was on. The lack of creativity is alarming to quote JD1981 . Ikeme is so off the boil its untrue. Price again did well

1 shot on target and two goals... I'll take that!

Ill take a point. Puts a bit more pressure on the MK & Rotherham games though.

1 shot on target! 1.

4 shots on target according to BBC and if we scored with 2 shots you would expect 2 on target minimum?

Ill take a point. Puts a bit more pressure on the MK & Rotherham games though.

If we're serious about doing anything this season (debatable) then we should be aiming to win the next four. We need to approach them with a fair bit more ambition, that much is for sure. Absolutely no way Edwards should be starting next week.

A point at Ipswich...If you'd offered me that before the game, I'd of taken it

All the time Edwards is on in a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 Afobe is isolated & impotent.

ALF coming on has been positive & would much rather see the 2 of them played for the next few games

Good point all considering, but there's still a hell of a lot of things that aren't right at the moment.
I stand by my statement in the match day thread that our lack of creativity is alarming at times.
But can't fault the fight shown today to come from behind twice.
Thankfully we enter a period of not so tough games with MK Dons, Rotherham, Forrest and Leeds the next four opponents, need to open a big gap between us and the bottom three.

If we're serious about doing anything this season (debatable) then we should be aiming to win the next four. We need to approach them with a fair bit more ambition, that much is for sure. Absolutely no way Edwards should be starting next week.

The insistence on playing this Lg1 standard player is the biggest thing that tells me Jackett isn't good enough to make the play-offs this year. He will continue to play Edwards and we all know it.

Pleased with a point in what is a stagnating season of mid-table mediocrity.

I'm pretty certain most people agree that DE is a useful squad player. What is bizarre is KJs insistence on playing him week in week out, is that a sign of poor squad selection or poor recruitment?

I thought we signed Wallace as an upgrade in that position when we play that system. He can't even get on the bench.

He defaults back to Edwards because he knows he'll run forever, loads of managers do similar when the team is struggling. However he is in one of the most prominent attacking positions and doesn't do enough, none of this is news. Le Fondre contributes consistently, he should be playing, it's not even close.

Well my selection in the prediction league was 2-2, so i am pleased about that, pleased too that Price played, but Edwards again!!! I am beginning to despair with KJ.

When Ken signed Byrne he claimed he could play anywhere behind the striker. I'd like to see that personally, a front 4 of Afobe, Henry, Byrne & Graham would be quite exciting to watch IMO.

The fact that Wallace couldn't make the squad today is telling. He's not good enough (yet). I'd have one of Evans or Saville back, loan Wallace out, and ask Jed to prove himself in L1 before we consider him at this level.

I'm pretty certain most people agree that DE is a useful squad player. What is bizarre is KJs insistence on playing him week in week out, is that a sign of poor squad selection or poor recruitment?

Poor recruitment.

How long has Eddo been at Wolves? 8 years? It really is a damning indictment of our transfer policy that he's still a starter.

Back